main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Why didn't Han use his reward in ANH to pay off Jabba?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Fine, be that way. [face_whistling] ;)

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014

If you recall, Han says he needs to leave at the beginning of TESB to pay off Jabba, but then the world starts crumbling around them all.

3. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Only problem is that ESB was supposed to take place a few years after ANH. Even though it was at the beginning of ESB, that was still some time after we last left off with Han, which he was then prepared to leave immediately before the Battle of Yavin.

4. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Yeah, he was ready to leave *before* the battle, but then he decided to go back and help out. Then he stuck around and got a medal, and then maybe he decided to help with the evacuation, and then another thing popped up, and then another….and suddenly that bounty is rising, and it started to feel a little overwhelming, so he thought "**** it, I'll just stick around with these guys instead. Probably safer anyway…" (After all, according to Leia he *had* "decided to stay"), and then he ran into the bounty hunter…..

I don't know. To me, it doesn't really seem so hard to figure out. It certainly doesn't take any great leaps of logic from the audience. At least not to me.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    I think he thought if the Rebels could successfully evade the Empire, then he could evade Jabba and keep his money. Then Hoth happened.

Iron_lord and Force Smuggler like this.