main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why didn't Mace battle Dooku.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by emporergerner, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    When I first saw AOTC I though the end battle would be Dooku and Mace. There dialogue in the Geonosion arena would lead up to it great. How Dooku refers to Mace as an old friend. Any body else thought that would have been a cool battle insted of Yoda vs Dooku.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I know, especially as they were friends when they were Jedi.

A battle between Mace and Dooku, with Mace or Dooku dying at one or the other hands would have been the irony of ironies.

3. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I was just thinking about this today, you could see Mace fight in a duel where no one would endlessly question if he won or not, and it would save the first time we see Yoda in action is versus Palps. It would be an awesome fight to see. Maybe Geroe can do some editing to make it work.

4. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Mace killing Dooku, then palps reserates Maul for ROTS, haha...

Yoda, Mace, and Obi-Wan vs. Palpatine, Maul, and Vader

5. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I also think that seeing Yoda vs Palpatine would be better than seeing Yoda for the first time against Dooku. All the more why Mace should have battled Dooku.

6. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    True. Though I enjoyed Dooku and Yoda's duel in AOTC, it would have been KICKASS to see Mace and Dooku battling it out during Dooku's escape from Geonosis. First of all, Dooku and Mace have incredibly distinct styles of fighting. Mace's style is faster, but Dooku's is more precise. They are also both humans, which would make the fight seem a little more --- realistic and "close to home". heheh...you can also just imagine all the "talking" during their fight too ;)!

And yesss!!! I agree, that if Mace would have battled Dooku in AOTC instead of Yoda, the fight between Yoda and Sidious in ROTS would have been more memorable and astounding.

Aaaanywayz, I think Mace didn't battle Dooku in AOTC because Mace had more important matters to attend to. He probably had to assist his fellow jedis and help them in battling the geonosians and droids and whatever.

7. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    That woulda been cool! :D

8. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Yea... Mace kicked ass in the clone wars!

If he did battle dooku, someone would've died(dooku that is)

9. Darth_Vercundus

Darth_Vercundus Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    Just a little paralell... Remember in Clone Wars, when Windu destroys entire army of droids only with the Force? No lightsaber? The true question is, why other jedi didn't assist Yoda, in attempt to catch Dooku? It is obvious that Windu didn't need their help...

10. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    We all know that the CW is not exactly realistic, or not as realistic as SW is.

11. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Why did'nt Mace battle Dooku.
    1. Super Battle Droids were behind him, Jango Fett next to him, then the Count.

2. It was a small balcony.

3. You wouldn't want to fight with your cloak on fire. It would be WISE to jump away.
    ---
    And the reason he didn't pursue Dooku after the Arena Battle was because (in the Clone Wars Video Game), some CIS tanks prevent him from getting in. Of course, after they're destroyed, Dooku flees.

12. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Mace VS Dooku would have been an awsome fight

*Runs off to go play ROTS on Xbox*

That was a truly awsome fight *snif*

13. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Mace didn't have a chance. Killing him outright out of the context of a fight
    would have been a big ole no-no. Assassination is not in Mace's character
    until ROTS [face_mischief].
    Dooku doesn't draw down. Jango fries Mace's robes and he must disengage before
    a direct confrontation can begin.
    So your question might be, why didn't Dooku battle Mace?

14. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    cause Dooku had another 199 Jedi to worry about...and he had the best bounty hunter in the galaxy protecting him

15. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I remember reading some where that mace was originaly sposed to fight dooku at the end of aotc, but once lucas saw how awesome of a job ilm was doing with yoda, he decided to have yoda fight him. As much as i wanted to see mace fight, i think it was better to have yoda fight dooku. The yoda vs dooku duel was a way for lucas to see what they could and couldn't do with the tech at that time. I think this allowed for a better duel with sidious.

16. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    It would have been nice to see Mace in a lightsaber fight, he didn't really get one like Yoda, Obi and Ani.

Please pass the Vaapad

17. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    are you inferring that Dooku didnt want any part of Mace? i might agree with that.

i think, though, most people are talking about Mace fighting Dooku in the end instead of Yoda. I like that idea a lot.

it would have served both characters well. Mace is showcased a bit. We all get blown away with yoda at the end. it would have been well worth the wait

18. General_Grievous_x

General_Grievous_x Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    I think it would be safe to say if mace had fought dooku he wouldn't have been around to die at sidius hands. dooku's just a better fighter than mace, even if he didn't kil him mace would have never been a whole man again.

19. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004

Take that back, Mace owns

Vaapad :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.