main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Why didn't Qui-Gon Jinn contact Count Dooku as a Force Ghost?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Sith Camp, Oct 9, 2015.

1. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Guys I came to wondering in the Clone Wars for the matter - Qui-Gon Jinn himself appeared at times to advice and mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi and Master Yoda even after death and how he returns as a Force Ghost - NOW ... I wonder WHY didn't Qui-Gon Jinn do that for Count Dooku? I mean he in particular was Count Dooku's Padawan and student and the fact how the fact Count Dooku claimed to Obi-Wan Kenobi's 'Qui-Gon will never join you' that 'don't be too sure' and the fact IF Count Dooku wasn't totally 100% that bad compared to Palpatine - true Count Dooku then was probably 'too late to be redeemed' BUT he did have his dreams and ideals and a sense of honor - whilst Palpatine left and right 'never gave a Force!' about anyone and would manipulate and discard anyone ... but the fact in the EU one time how Master Yoda visited Vjun to try to convince Count Dooku to return to the Jedi Order ... AND if Qui-Gon Jinn was able to still teach Master Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi secrets to the Force even after death - why not also appeal to Count Dooku? Surely this could have helped change many outcomes?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Qui Gon never completed his force ghost training and thus can only appear as a voice and maybe because of his incomplete training he could only visit people on the light side or something.

3. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    I know what you mean BUT surely he did that in the Clone Wars at times eh? I mean why not still atleast - if he managed to do so to Obi-Wan Kenobi plus Master Yoda - then why not atleast send or 'heed warnings' to Count Dooku? I mean Count Dooku still shared a history with Qui-Gon Jinn ... AND the fact Count Dooku still had a degree of honor and how when Papatine cruelly said that they would take advantage of Count Dooku's former attachment to Master Yoda and Count Dooku was hesitant for a moment ...

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Qui-Gon, alas, was an ass. Let's face it. The man was a total instigator. He probably saw his master going in the wrong direction and thought "Oh I should help him... no wait at the rate he's going he's totally going to make life a living hell for the other Jedi. Totally worth it!"

To be serious though, and ignoring the obvious "Lucas didn't think of it" explanation, perhaps Qui-Gon wasn't powerful enough to communicate with everyone effectively. He certainly tried with Anakin in AOTC, but Anakin didn't seem to hear... only Yoda, vaguely. Maybe he tried to warn Dooku, but Dooku's mind was so distraught that he couldn't reach him. (Just throwing that out there as a possibility... I bet there could be several. It would be an interesting plot for them to follow up on in the future stories.)

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that Dooku had already arranged the assassination of Sifo-Dyas during the Valorum administration - he may have already gone too far for Qui-Gon.

The Sith Camp and rumsmuggler like this.
  6. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    It'd be interesting if Qui-Gon did try to reach him and Dooku was too arrogant to listen.

Now, the real question is why Qui-Gon didn't tell Yoda or Obi-Wan "dudes. Sidious? Totally Palpatine."

7. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    There seem to be restrictions on how Force ghosts interact with the material world that we don't quite understand yet. ("If you choose to face Vader, you will do it alone. I cannot interfere.")

Pearlexative and Riv_Shiel like this.
  8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This is one of the my issues with Hayden ghost. If Anakin died when he became Vader, why didn't Dooku die when he became Tyranus?

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What?

It's not that he physically died what he meant was the good Anakin died and Vader took his place.

Anyway Hayden still makes more sense because Vader was only 40 something when he died.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    In that case, why didn't the good Dooku die?

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He did?

Dooku was not a good person.

12. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Well, that quote at least seemed fairly easy to understand - Force ghosts can appear to people and give them advice, but not materially affect what's going on. At least that's what I assumed he meant when I saw the movie.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

How about this?

14. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Actually, Qui-Gon was suppose to appear in ROTS as a force ghost, before his actor got into a motorcycle accident, if I recall.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Aw they should have made him appear anyway and pass it off with the excuse he was injured by a ghost-Wampa.

16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    He likely didn't know. Force Ghosts are not omniscient. All Qui-Gon knew was that there was a Dark Lord of the Sith trying to destroy the Jedi. Honestly, the Jedi likely knew more about Sidious than he did.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Yoda asks who the Sith Lord is and Qui-Gon says he can't tell because of reasons.

Given the difficulty Qui-Gon had communicating with Yoda I doubt he could talk to Dooku.

Darth_Dreadwar and Vialco like this.
  18. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Dooku is probably too arrogant to listen to Jinn if he did manage to reach him. He would think it was a trick to deceive him.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    something something shroud of the dark side

20. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Ah! Insightful guys BUT BUT I'm still not convinced - I mean SURELY if the fact both EU and Canon - Qui-Gon Jinn was SURE and adamant and for the matter was correct that Anakin was 'the Chosen One' AND how Qui-Gon Jinn told Obi-Wan Kenobi to 'train the boy' and also the fact 'he will bring balance to the Force...' so surely he should have more insight and backings to this claim AND the fact surely still the saying 'blood runs deep' AND the fact still Qui Gon Jinn was once Count Dooku's padawan and such ... surely still there's the chance of convincing and redemption eh? More interesting you could argue also WHY didn't Count Dooku return as a Force Ghost as well? Surely then the moment you saw how he was discarded as a pawn by Palpatine and literaly PWNED! and Trolled by 'Treachery is Way of the Sith!' - surely Count Dooku in death and such he surely could have returned as a Force Ghost as 'redemption' and helped the Republic sooner or even the Rebel Alliance to repent for his earlier 'sins' eh?

Well - surely still - even though its EU - Master :yoda: did go to Vjun to try to convince Count Dooku to return to the Jedi Order and help the Republic ... and in the Canon - well in that Lost Missions episode Count Dooku you can see it in his face how he was at first abit concerned and uneasy when Palpatine insisted that the Sith Alchemy ritual would take advantage of his former ties to Master :yoda: you can see even Count Dooku was clearly at first not very convinced for the fact Palpatine was even worst than Count Dooku; Count Dooku's worst cruelties probably is like only a margin or proportion of the worst that Palpatine had done; true Count Dooku did betray some, murder, use underhanded tactics BUT atleast Count Dooku didn't:

1.) Murder his entire family in COLD BLOOD ... let's see well even if it was in the EU - for the matter Count Dooku did not 'slam his father's head against controls and hurl corpses across bulkheads...'

2.) Casually murder innocents in his youth and certainly not in his earlier days as a Jedi Padawan or Knight under Master :yoda: ...

3.) Openly play both sides for stupid in the Clone Wars ...

And still the fact how in the Lost Missions - that vision illusion Master :yoda: had in his days when Count Dooku was 'Jedi Master Dooku...' clearly reflects surely once the fact Count Dooku was his former student and in AOTC when Master :yoda: remarked 'much to learn you still have ... my old Padawan...' and also the fact how Count Dooku in AOTC he did remark 'as you can see my JEDI POWERS...' or how he did try to parlay with Mace Windu trying to convince Mace Windu to surrender ('regretfully' remarking then goodbye...my old friend...) OR where Count Dooku himself he seemed slightly distraught when he disarmed and bisected Anakin ... or how Count Dooku he did try to convince Obi-Wan Kenobi to work for him ... and if only Qui-Gon Jinn could have appeared as a Force Ghost to Count Dooku to try to say 'look Master Dooku - you don't have to do this. Don't you know you are standing AGAINST all the Jedi Order has worked for - do not waste your efforts! Help us! And you help the Chosen One!' and the fact to a degree how Count Dooku he did afterall want a better Republic ... and Count Dooku he was one of the Lost Twenty and among the most painful losses ... surely that must count for something eh? PLUS wasn't it Qui-Gon Jinn's death in both the Canon and EU that upset Count Dooku and also contributed to his resignation of the Jedi Order?

21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Not upset enough to not join the order that caused Jinn's death.

22. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    About Force Ghosts... we know Darth Tenegrous was able to download his consciousness into midi-chlorians, and that both (Altisian) Jedi and Sith can transfer their consciousness to both machines and other living beings. We also know that all the midi-chlorians in the Galaxy share a single conciousness...what if "becoming one with the Force" means to have you consciousness merge with the collective mind of the midi-chlorians? And the Force Ghosts are people who do that, but they manage to retain individuality while navigating the midi-chlorian-net.

If so, Force Ghosts would exist as minds inside the midi-chlorian collective, and when they communicate with people they are using those people's own midi-chlorians to do so. That would explain why they can't interact with the physical world (they are just minds looking the world from behind the eyes of the living), why they can communicate only with Force-sensitive people, and why Light Force Ghosts can't communicate with Dark Siders (different frequency, plus Dark Side-oriented midi-chlorians are icky).

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  23. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    But then WHY propose to Obi Wan Kenobi together we will destroy the Sith and rule the Galaxy? I mean Count Dooku surely would also know that ALL SITH and it doesn't matter Rule of Two Baneite Sith Phantom Menaces or animalistic butchers and thugs if Korriban Morraband one way or another Sith are Selfish, Angry, Violent and full of Treachery and some plain delusional idiots like Kann and his Brotherhood of Darkness literally bombed themselves to Extinction...and if Palpatine never gave A Force about anyone he surely would easily discard Count Dooku right away and look at how Palpatine threatened Count Dooku during the Clone Wars if he failed him....surely Count Dooku dir all his Power and experience should have known one way or another....Sith have treachery as their only reality and nothing else other than cycles upon cycles of endless emotional and raw violence one way or another....animalistic Massasi to selfish delusions filled idiots to Baneite Phantom Menaces to Darth Krayts One Sith Empire ...just treachery and endless cycles of emotional and raw violence....

24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's notable that if The Lost Missions had not happened, the situation as presented by the films in isolation allowed for Qui-Gon to have first managed to communicate clearly with Yoda only after Order 66 had already taken place. Sure, that's awfully convenient, but at least it would have addressed the question of why Qui-Gon didn't tell.

Then Filoni comes along and blows that out of the water with his canon cannon.

CANON GO BOOM

25. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    [​IMG]
    thanks obama filoni