main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why didn't the force ghosts do more?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by midthomp, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midthomp

midthomp Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    The ghost of Obi Wan could have popped into the death star or star destroyer and spied for the rebels, informing them of what the empire was going to do and informing them of their weaknesses. Maybe implant some subliminal message for the stormtroopers to attack vader.

If anything he could of just roamed the halls of the death star and haunted the place. That would freak out the standard stormtrooper.

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    If YOU were a ghost, what would you do all day?

(1) Hang around trying to affect change around a bunch of living people

(2) Party in heaven all day and have sex with the ghost of dead celebrities like Marilyn Monroe

Thread answered. :p

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    there are rumors that force ghost Obi-Wan liked to watch Leia in the shower.

He also enjoyed playing games w/ Vader like moving his keys and stuff.

ahh, that Obi-Wan, a perverted prankster!!!

4. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    As we've seen in the Prequels the Jedi don't know how to retain their identity after death, when Yoda and Obi-Wan do learn it, its probably against the will of the force or whatever because they should become one with the force when they die. So instead of changing things after they have died, and changing the will of the force, they just sit around and offer pieces advice, but don't actively change anything. I dunno, I'm rambling.

For some reason I'm thinking its like the Back of the Future movies and they make sure to not change anything when they go back or forward in time because it would change how it was meant to be, you know?

5. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    force ghosts are probaly weakened by the darkside, and have trouble liflting things, since they are ghosts.

ohh yah, and sex, thats another reason.

6. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Lucas stated that it took too much away from Luke's character. Originally, Ben and/or Yoda did assist Luke in the "final duel", but Lucas eventually chose to have Luke all by himself, to heighten the tension.

7. ArtificialStupidity

ArtificialStupidity Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2002
    I have to say that you posted an interesting question, midthomp :) Yet I believe that they only 'showed up' as their identities for truly important occasions, and while they gave the way for the living, they didn't decide or change things for them.

8. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Midthomp, don't be giving Lucas any bad ideas.
    If this is put into the OTUE's, I will blame you for it. 8-}

9. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I don't think it'd be as good of a story if the force ghosts did all the work and Luke stayed home on the moisture farm.

10. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Ghosts are friggin' lazy.

I thought it could be kinda cool if perhaps at the end of ROTJ all sorts of Force ghosts protect Endor from the DSII explosion, as a symbol of the end of the Sith and all that. Meh.

11. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Would you rather see 'The Adventures of Luke Skywalker' or 'Casper and Friends'?

12. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Perhaps it required a great deal of energy to contact Luke from the other side.

In the final scene, the Ewok Party, nobody spoke a word (unless you count Ewok singing). Perhaps Lucas had planned on some dialogue there, but he figured it would ruin the mood.

13. Nikknots

Nikknots Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    I think its the whole ghost-unfinished business deal, in a sense. You know how they say ghosts can communicate with us if they really need to. I suppose thios doesnt explain Yoda hangin with ewoks but whatevs.

Also i once thought, and still think it may be like the Jedis are able to give into death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.