main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why didn't they clone a jedi?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MOC Vober Dand, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I was watching AOTC the other day, and I started wondering what the clone army would've been like if it had been generated from a jedi clone rather than Jango. I know they wouldn't automatically have the skills of a trained jedi, but you'd have pretty decent raw material I would've thought. Would the clones have the same midichlorian count as the donor?

Thoughts?

2. JBRO_13

JBRO_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    It's mentioned in the Episode III visual dictionary, that the Kaminoans were anxious to try cloning a midichlorian-rich person, but never got the chance to.

3. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Thanks. Haven't seen that.

4. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    This is one of the reasons I think Lucas created the Midichlorians. They are a seperate organism from the individual Jedi, to create a clone that was force sensitive you would have to clone *all* the individual midichlorians. Something that is not practical.
    And, assuming this is not the case, Sidious would not want an army of force sensitives running around, the whole point of the clones was to get rid of such a thing.

5. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Yeah, in the first instance, I didn't see jedi as being used, but once the Clone War was underway, I thought the jedi might have thought it not a bad idea. I guess it's all tied up in the Sifo Dyas mystery.

6. JediStarKiller

JediStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Because they were stupid. Haha can you imagine if they cloned little yodas. Midichlorians=a bad excuse to a mystical power and force. That one stupid word will haunt us the rest of our lives.

7. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    Not stupid...just had to do when they did not have the time...and i don't think that many people would want to go out of the way to get cloned when there is war going on.... it would take to long prolly.

8. SapphireAD

SapphireAD Jedi Master

Aug 24, 2004
    Maybe the Kaminoans couldn't find any Jedi to clone? You got to remember they're beyond the outer rim; therefore, they have little contact with outsiders. Besides, it would have looked suspicious if a Kaminoan walked up to a Jedi with that request.

Kaminoan: Oh, hi, we'd like to clone you so we can create an army for the Republic.

Jedi: What???

9. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    I was thinking more when the jedi had begun fighting alongside the clones. Like why not use one of our guys for the next batch?

10. SapphireAD

SapphireAD Jedi Master

Aug 24, 2004
    Hmm, that's a good point. I guess it never crossed their minds to clone Jedi. You have to admit the Jango clones worked out well for not being Jedi.

11. Rouge_Three

Rouge_Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    If a Jedi was cloned though, would it be able to learn the ways of the Jedi? The Jango clones we saw in AOTC were hooked up into what looked like elaborate learning centers. It would seem like a Jedi clone could only learn the ways of the force from an actual Jedi. It seems like there wouldn't be enough Jedi to teach so many clones either.

Even further, the Jango clones really have no kind of emotion, right? After all, they obey as if they were robots, as seen with Order 66. If they really have no emotion, would they even be able to access the powers of a Jedi, much less a Sith (since you have to give into your anger, fear, etc.).

I could be wrong of course. It may be possible to successfully clone Jedi, but it seems a bit improbable.

12. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Tryranus wouldn't have let them.

13. PrinceHector

PrinceHector Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    There was no point because if they managed to clone the midioclorients then a Jedi would have to teach them all in how to use them, and of course the Jedi weren't meant to be able to use them.

Remember that one part of their necessity was for Order 66. If the Clones had a high midi-chlorient count but no idea how to use it, and had been with a Jedi for five years, the Jedi may have been able to sense their intentions with a lot more ease and do something about it. Jango also might have had a gift for Jedi kills or something.

14. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It would have been a bad idea to clone a jedi when whole point of the clone wars was to kill off Jedi.

15. Cakret

Cakret Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    If it was possible to clone a force sensative person i wouldn't clone the whole batch all jedis i would clone a jedi For the Commander Clones, the ones that are in the different colored armor, and lead them like the jedi Generals that lead the clones in the Battle of Geonosis Im sure there were squads that lacked a jedi to command them in that instance i would have some of the clones that where jedi command them have them have minimal jedi training Be able to Deflect and what not, But if they where all full fledged Jedi's thats jsut scary to all the First Jedis, all those Force sensatives would be Tempted by the dark side and the dark side is much easier to fall to then Light, all those Jedi's would all be Dark jedi's ina matter of time in the war.

16. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    imagine a clone jedi army against a clone sith army...that would b like a neverending war

17. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    or a very quick anarchy, where everyone kills off everyone else pretty fast

18. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    A million force sensitive clones; yeah that would of made order 66 MUCH easier [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    That would be cool/hilarious [face_laugh]

The only Jedi I think they have cloned is the one that was on the Outbound Flight in the EU

Good Stuff

19. TheGreatSithLord

TheGreatSithLord Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2005
    What ever happened to Kamino, I don't recall hearing anything about it in Episode 3.

20. Number20

Number20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2005
    In the Thrawn trilogy (EU, I know) there was a clone of an old Jedi master, Joruus C'Baoth. The result of cloning a force-sensitive person was a sort of force-madness, and therefore, he was almost impossible to control or do anything with due to his insanity and unpredicitibility. So cloning force-sensitives is a very bad idea.

21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    He went insane because the technique for cloning force-sensitives wasn't mastered at the time.

22. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Hey. That was an idea for my fan fiction....It's never too late to start though...[face_thinking]

23. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    ok, first i don't think cloning jedi was done because if they could make them force sensitive when they were finished they would take a life time to train because if they used growth acceleration there wouldn't be enough time to train them.

second, i like the idea of midiclorchians because it gives a galaxy far far away a more realalistic view but still keeps it's mysticalness becuase we never see them or know exactly what they do

24. Darth_Nerminator

Darth_Nerminator Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    I think that the jedi, since they believe in peace not war

25. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    So you're saying the Clone army had a midichlorian count of 0? Life cannot exist without the midichlorions, so says Qui-Gon in TPM. The Kaminoans must have figured out how to clone a person with the midichlorians intact, or the clones would have just kept dying right away.

[EU]And Joruus C'boath did not go insane because the techniques for cloning Force Sensitives weren't perfected, but because an exact duplicate of someone creates an odd disturbance in the Force, and that disturbance makes the person less stable. The quicker they're grown, the less time they have before insanity sets in, hence the Clone could be grown over a minimum of five years.[/EU]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.