main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why didn't they get medals at the end of ROJ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Siths_Revenge, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    The Emperor is dead. Darth Vader is dead. The Empire crumbled. No Sith Lords around. Galaxy was saved. Yet, no medals for anyone?

2. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    There were too many people who contributed to the Empire's downfall to hand out metals to everyone... I mean, it would have made the movie unnecessarily long and it was unnecessary. Maybe all the Rebels got something afterward... who knows. They likely weren't expecting anything and didn't have the resources to create metals while on Endor.

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    They obviously didn't get medals on Endor as it was not a rebel base like in ANH.

Who knows, they may have got medals later on

4. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    Perhaps on Endor they gather all available gold dust from C3PO, aka Goldenrod, to create the sole medal to award to Chewie, at long last. It all happened off camera, of course.

5. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    Campaign Medals/Accreditations were given out to those who played a role in the Battle Of Endor. Although, my source for this is an EU novel that describes Wedge Antilles only wears two badges (out of the many he has a right to wear) on his uniform: one for the Battle of Yavin and the other for the Battle of Endor.

6. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    I think it would have been very repetitive. I'm glad they didn't go that route especially considering it would be the 2nd time we'd see the heroes getting medals after blowing up a DeathStar.

The Jedi ghosts, the goofy ewok bash ;) , the other planets shown celebrating...it is all a great contrast to the closing moments of ep. 4 & 5.

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    uh, yeah, medals from the Ewoks?

besides, it's a nice contrast - The Glorious Galactic Empire crumbled and the Almighty Sith destroyed
    and they have a barbecue with teddy bears
    That's just awesome!

8. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Freedom restored to the galaxy and the Sith defeated, though intangible, is still on Hell of a medal for everybody.

9. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Other than the badges on Wedge's uniform I think he has two Drath Stars painted on the side of his X-Wing.

Though the only metal object that was given out as a reward was the bracelet the Ewok chief gave to Leia, she lost it on Bakura though.

10. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    I don't think we need them to get medals again...The end celebration, along with the death star blowin up, vader killing palps, and Luke burning his father and seeing the force ghosts was a great way to wrap it up. If they were just given medals again...it wouldn't be the same.

Maybe they did after all the celebrating started to settle down when they returned to the rebel base.

11. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

What was up with the Medals anyways? Were they "Over 1,000,000 Imperials killed" limited edition tokens?

Carnage

12. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    Everyone was too busy celebrating the love.

AC2

13. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    ROTJ already has enough rehashed ideas from ANH.

14. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

DARTH_CONFEDERATE Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Maybe in ANH they got medals for rescuing the princess, not blowing up the Death Star. Nobody else were shown getting medals, only Han and Luke.

15. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    I think they got medals for having such killer feathered hair. 70's cuts in ANH rocked!!!

16. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    maybe the medals were actually positions given to them. So that would make it seem quite different

17. bucketface

bucketface Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2005
    After the whole 'Chewbacca Incident', it was decided to quietly avoid any publicity nightmares.

It was decided to hand the celebration duties over to their furry guests who, unbeknownst to the rebels, intended on finally eating them later in the night.

18. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    i love the haircuts of them.

19. Evil_Eye

Evil_Eye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2006
    Because there were more important things to show at the ending of RotJ, like the ghost of Anakin Skywalker which shows his redemption, and the fact that Luke and Leia are siblings. Those scenes were needed more than another scene showing heroes being rewarded.

At the end of ANH it was necessary to show the beginnings of a heroic dynasty, those that received the medals ended up becoming respected leaders of the Rebel Alliance, and after all they did have a central role in giving the Empire a huge setback (something that has not happened before then).

To show them getting medals again would have just been redundant, and if that did happen this thread would instead be complaining about Lucas having a lack of imagination because he repeated himself.

20. AvaVisarra

AvaVisarra Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2006
    they were too busy drinking it up with the 'woks to worry about medals.

21. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    The ordeal was finally over, there was no longer need to keep up moral for the fight ahead. :)

22. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    That's cause everyone else who was on the Trench Run was killed. :p

23. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    did wedge get a medal?

or does he not count cause he had to quit early?

:confused:

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, he didn't actually blow the thing up, so I'm guessing he got a bit less recognition.

Then again, he's one of two people to get shot at by Darth Vader in a TIE and live. :p

25. AvaVisarra

AvaVisarra Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2006
    No, no medal, he got a patch and this:
    [image=http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/idiots-array/WedgesRewardcopy.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.