why didnt they use bacta?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jediknight_Wendy, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
  1. Jediknight_Wendy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    im posting this as a intresting thought poped into my brain today and seeing as it fits more along in the perquels were vaders injurys happened is why im posting here is we all know that Darth vaders imposeing suit is the only means to keeping the sith lord alive outside of a hyperbaric chamber a walking iron lung and such however i started to dawn on the idea more and more and i started to think it was odd that they just didnt stick him in a bacta tank it has almost miracle like healing ablitys quote from the offical data bank quote ~ ~A miracle of modern medical technology, the bacta tank is a mainstay in both Imperial and Alliance medical wards. The containment cylinder fills with rejuvenating bacta fluid that is capable of healing even the most grievous wounds. The translucent red fluid nurtures the growth of a bacterial medium that seeks out traumatized tissue and promotes regeneration and growth to rapidly heal wounds with minimal or no scarring. Medical droids closely monitor the patient, who is suspended in the fluid.~~ end quote

So we know it exist it made its apprence in the empire strikes back..so why didnt they just lug him in there for some would say perhaps it was a major medical breakthrough and wasnt available at the given time however if your fine with EU...then off knights of the old republic you have Kolto Precursor to bacta.now i dont know too much eles asides from that its exported from Manaan so maby bacta is just a highly purified form of kolto..i personally am now thinking its a bit funny to have him walking around in that suit (despite the awsome coolness factor) if he could be healed and running with the bare minimum of required cybernetics and artificial help

2. starwarsagent Jedi Youngling

star 5
    good question. what im wondering is why didnt they use kolto?
  3. Jediknight_Wendy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    So am i..if anything it really starts makeing one think. Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is.Meditate on this i will.. :)
  4. Genrader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I don't think Bacta can rejuvinate limbs or fix respitory problems that have existed for a few hours, they probably became permanent.
  5. Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If what I've read in the EU is true, Darth Vader may not even really *have* lungs to begin with, much less counting the damage down to his other organs. Bacta can fix dermal damage, but it doesn't have the ability to regenerate tissue and organ growth on a massive level. The fact that Anakin was *burned* also factors in, as alot of his nerve endings would then be rendered dead and unable to reproduce new cells/be repaired.

IMO, the only way I could really see them fixing Anakin up would be to clone his body parts one by one and then slowly put him together through extensive, and likely very painful, surgical operations.
  6. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think the injuries for Vader will be far too extensive for Bacta to heal. I mean he may just be a head and torso and what inside of the torso is actually still there is arguable.
  7. hear+soul Jedi Master

star 6
    edited to save my arse.

:p
  8. Darth_Pogey Jedi Master

star 4
    This is spoilers to the ignorant so you're in the wrong forum.
  9. hear+soul Jedi Master

star 6
    Ya, I was wondering about that.

I edited my post just in case!

;)
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.