main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why didn't Vader get a Sith Infiltrator

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Naboo1, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naboo1

Naboo1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    His TIE prototype was awesome, but I think Vader might have enjoyed something like the Sith Infiltrator.

2. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Why would he? He's probably never even seen the designs for one.

His era is the Imperial one. TIEs are the ships of his day, so I would think he'd be perfectly happy with one. A personally modified one, of course. ;)

3. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Well, seeing as though he usually conducts business from the bridge of an Imperial, then Super-class Star Destroyer, I thinki a puny Infiltrator would have been below him...

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Perhaps his TIE is better than the Infiltrator anyway.

Rick McCallum loves you!

5. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    I wouldn't think so. Only for manuevering. The Infiltrator has a cloaking device AND a hyperdrive. Vader's TIE only has hyperdrive. ;)

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'd wager 1000 credits that Vader's TIE is better than the Infiltrator any day. It is 20 years or so more advanced, along with some additonal shields and weaponry (I presume so anyways).

7. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    Well, the other TIEs have no shields. If Vader's has shields, they couldn't be very strong. Surely not as strong as the Infiltrator's.

I bet you're right about the weaponry though.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Vader's TIE has extra power plants for added shield power.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, we never seen the Sith Infiltrator in action, so we really don't know if Vader will enjoy it or not. We only saw it fly into Tatooine and land in the middle of nowhere. For all we know, that's all it does. :p

Seriously, though, I think Vader is quite content with his Advanced TIE and being at the controls of the Super Star Destroyer.

10. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    How do we know that Vader didn't have a choice and picked the the TIE Advanced x1 himself and then whoever built/modified (do you really think Lords Maul & Tyrannus flew off-the-lot ships?) fixed it up for him. Since we don't see any other TIE Advanced x1's in the series, how do we know that it isn't Vader's version of it?

11. JOHNNY-B

JOHNNY-B Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2003
    Well, as alot of you said: Darth Vader pretty much has his own Star Destroyer. So there's no need for him to have a Sith Infiltrator. ([IMO], I think the Infiltrator was way better than the tie-fighter - but that's just me.)

12. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Yeah I agree he should have gotten an Sith Infiltrator.

13. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Well, it should be considered that at the time of the Classic Trilogy, the Sith have taken over darn near everything... so there isn't anyplace for Vader to actually infiltrate :p

14. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I would pick having a Sith Infiltrator over a TIE Fighter and Star Destroyer. I din't care about weapons and shields, the Infiltrator looks cooler :p

15. gedi

gedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2002
    i think the sith infiltrator was a bigger ship than the x1. i read some were that mauls ship had extra space for passengers/prisoners plus he stored his speeder ect.
    mauls ship looks cooler but down the death star trench vader needed a smaller ship plus he probably built it or modifyed it.
    wasnt both ships made by sennar fleet systems or some thing so you would of thought that the x1 was newer with better weapons shielding and speed plus vaders tuning.

16. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    The TIE fighter is much faster and well equpped than the puny Infiltrator Maul had. A TIE would be useless for a mission such as Maul's, and in that case, an Infiltrator would be appropriate, but for Vader's normal needs, he doesen't need one.

17. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Maul needed the Infiltrator to sneak into spaceports & carry out Sidious' plans to take control of the galaxy. He needed something small & stealthy to stay out of view of the Republic & the Jedi....

Vader doesn't need to sneak up on anything. He just rolls up in his SSD & blasts away any resistance (something you can do when you've conquered the galaxy... [face_devil] )

Besides, EGVV (the original) says that he & the Emperor have access to cloaked shuttles for "special missions"....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.