main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Why do I love you? AU/ Post ROTS/ Romance/Drama/Angst Anakin/Padme Luke/Leia *COMPLETE*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anakin_Heartbreaker, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Title ? Why do I love you?
    Characters ? Anakin/Vader, Padme, Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia, Bail, Sidious, Breha
    Timeframe ? Five years post ROTS
    Genre ? Romance, Drama, Angst, Action

Summary ? Padme and Anakin?s life change when they see each other again. I won?t say anymore! ;)
    Disclaimer - As always Lucas owns everything. I'm just a fan with a story to tell.

I would like to thank HandmaidenVeme for giving me the idea for this fic, hope you all enjoy it. :)

Why do I love you?

Chapter One

Sunrise on Alderaan, as always was magnificent. The majestic, mountainous landscape glistened, as it was bathed in the bright rays of the emerging sun. Padme Skywalker slowly walked through the beautifully vast gardens of the palace, as she smelled the sweet scent of the blossoming flowers that surrounded her. She was dressed in simple velvet garments, and had her hair tied neatly into a knot behind her head, a far contrast to the lavish attire that she was accustomed to, when she was queen of Naboo. Padme?s eyes sparkled, as she approached a small lake, situated in the centre of the garden. There was something mysterious about it, which gave her peace, tranquility, and a wondrous feeling she could not describe. She slowly sat on the familiar stone bench, from which she had experienced numerous sunrises and sunsets, and looked at the sunlight reflect off of the clear still water. Padme took a deep breath, and closed her eyes, as the warmth of the sun caressed her skin. A small hand slowly came from the side of the bench, and grabbed hers. Padme hurriedly opened her eyes and looked down; a warm smile crept on her face, as she gazed into the innocent eyes a little girl of about five years.

?Leia??

Leia smiled back, and clutched Padme?s hand closer to her delicate body. Padme sighed, whilst she glanced at Leia?s hair; it was a mess. She leaned forward, and affectionately brushed Leia?s hair behind her ears with her free hand. Leia closed her eyes tightly, as Padme?s soft touch tickled her.

?There, now I can see you. Can I have my hand back?? Padme lovingly asked.

?No?You promised you would wait for me,? Leia replied.

?I?m so sorry my little princess. You were asleep, and I did not want to wake you.? Padme replied, her voice was as soft as a petal.

Leia?s brown eyes sparkled, as she smiled; the warmth in Padme?s words touched her heart. She just could not be angry with her. Leia weakened her grip, which allowed Padme to pull her hand away.

?Have you had anything to eat yet?? Padme asked. Her eyes glowed, whilst she looked at her reflection in Leia?s wide eyed pupils.

?No?? Leia replied, as she continuously shook her head from side to side.

?But your mother will be looking for you,? Padme said.

?I want to eat with you?? Leia argued, and began to sulk.

Padme continued to smile, she knew that for some reason, Leia was more comfortable around her than anyone else, and for that same unknown reason, so was she.

?Leia??

?No!? Leia stomped her right foot into the ground, and covered her face with both her hands.

Padme looked tenderly at the little girl; she looked so cute when she was angry. She got off the bench, and kneeled down in front of Leia. Padme persistently moved her eyes in between Leia?s delicate fingers, so she could see her, and each time Leia readjusted them. Padme bit her lower lip, and mischievously looked at the innocent child.

?Are you going to keep hiding?? Padme asked playfully.

Leia pressed her fingers harder against her face, and nodded her head up and down.

?Okay?? Padme smiled, and began to tickle her ribs.

Leia screamed as loud as she could, and gave Padme a big grin, whilst she tried to pry Padme?s hands away from her. Leia continued to laugh, and fell to the floor. As much as she wanted Padme to stop, a part of her wanted it to continue. Padme stopped, and fondly looked at the sweet innocent child. She motioned her hands towards Leia?s head.

?Leia, let me do hair.?

Leia jumped up, and stood in front of Pad

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, this is a beautiful beginning. Looking forward to more! :)

3. Luthe

Luthe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Cute. Though I am put in mind of a Harry Potter fic I love: "I do believe in commas, I do, I do!"

4. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Gina - Thanks for reading! :) I am glad you liked the start.

Luthe - Thanks for reading! :)

5. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Great begining! I like it! :)

I have to ask. Is this the one?

6. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    HandmaidenVeme - I am glad you like it! Yep, this is the one! :)

Chapter Two

Bail Organa sat alone, on a beautifully carved wooden chair, in his royal bedroom, whilst he admired the breathtaking scenery of Alderaan. Bail loved everything about his home planet, and he knew he had to do whatever it took, to keep it from being polluted by evil. The newly appointed Galactic Empire, and its remorseless Emperor, had destroyed the democracy which had stood for a thousand years?The same democracy that the people of Alderaan cherished over everything else. A small gust of wind came in through the large arched windows, which encompassed the room, and pressed against Bail?s face. All of a sudden Bail realized he was not alone in the room, he looked over his right shoulder and saw his wife, Breha Organa standing a few meters behind him, looking deeply concerned.

?What?s wrong?? Bail asked.

The Queen of Alderaan folded her arms tightly around her waist, the worried expression etched upon her face, spoke volumes of uneasiness.

?Oh?nothing.? Breha let out a deep sigh, as she stared at the marble floor.

Bail knew that something was troubling her, and as always, he had to get it out of her.

?Your eyes are telling me that is something wrong.? Bail stood up and faced her.

?Why does she have to stay here?? The Queen kept her eyes fixed firmly on the floor directly in front her, whilst she spoke.

Bail felt an unusual amount of irritation emanating from her voice, and was perplexed by what she had just said.

?Who..?? He questioned.

The Queen moved her eyes up, and looked angrily at Bail?s. She let out a deep breath.

?Padme?Why..? I don?t want her here anymore.?

?You know what she?s gone through. She?s lost everything that ever meant anything to her. Including her memory, she does not even know who she is?I don?t understand why you have such hostility towards her.? Bail replied, as he expressed his concern on the fragile situation.

?It?s Leia.? Breha continued.

?What?s wrong with Leia?? Bail curiously asked.

?She wants to spend every waking moment with Padme. I feel as if I don?t even exist at times?.It tears me up inside, when I see them together.? Bail?s wife pressed her lips tightly together, and struggled to hold back the tears, as they began to well up in her broken eyes.

Bail let out a deep breath, the problem was staring him in the face.

?Because Padme is Leia?s biological mother?you are afraid you will lose her??

?Yes?? The Queen spoke over her tears.

Bail knew from the start that this would be hard for them, especially for his wife. She had always longed for a baby girl, and to have to live the constant fear of losing her would make any parent take drastic measures.

?My Queen, ever since she was born, Leia has always been your daughter. And she always will be. Padme has no memory of her past; she does not know that Leia is her daughter.?

Breha remained silent, whilst she wiped away the tears from her face.

?But they have some kind of connection that I don?t understand?I?m so scared Bail. Please send Padme back to Naboo.?

She grabbed her husband?s hands and looked desperately into his eyes?Hoping against hope that he would reconsider?Hoping that Bail would be selfish, and think about his own family?Just this once.

?You already know that I can?t do that. Everyone thinks that she died after the tragic events of Mustafar. I promised Master Yoda and Master Kenobi, that she will remain protected here. That is why she is your handmaiden, so she can stay in the palace.? Bail?s hearted ached as he spoke; he too felt the same pain that his wife felt. But he knew that he could never live with himself, if he acted the way he wanted.

?But what if she remembers?I can?t lose Leia.? The Queen pressed her head against her husband?s chest. Bail slowly moved his hands around her, and embraced her tightly.

Leia ran into the room, and continued to move energetically around her parents. Bail smiled, as he looked down at the little prin

7. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    ooohhh, but why doesn't padme have her memory? i bet she just blocked it out cuz of stinky Anankin.

instead of dying, she just forgot everything she ever knew.

i hope Bail doesn't give in, his wife is kinda selfish mesa thinks. I think it's alright to have a little jealousy, but come on, she is her biological mom, she has a right to be around Leia.

and she wants her sent back to Naboo? why? so her parents can take care of her? she won't even know who her parents are!

plus, if you start moving her across the galaxy, Vader is going to sense her presence, but you do have a/p in the title, so I guess that's the point.

very intriguing I'm certainly hoping for more soon!

P.S. congrats on the nomination for Rage of a Jedi for best Action.. ;)

8. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, this adds a wrench into the works. Padme doesn't remember, but Bail's wife still feels threatened. A delicate situation indeed.

Excellent chapter! :)

9. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Very intriguing chapter! I wonder what happened to make Padmé lose her memory. And I agree that the queen is selfish. Doesn't she even feel sorry for Padmé. She's been through so much and now she can't even remember her own child.

10. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
  11. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    I think deep down the queen does feel sorry for Padme but living with the fear of one day losing her daughter to Padme has put her on the edge. After all we know what fear eventually leads to don't we...

Wonderful post,and since I've decided to go spoiler free on this, please post soon!!

12. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    darksideyesplease - Thanks for reading! ;) To say this is a fragile situation is an understatement. What will Bail do?
    Thanks for the kind words regarding my nomination for Rage of the Jedi.

Gina - Thanks for reading! :) I agree with you, it is a delicate situation. Poor Padme has already suffered enough, and she does not even know that Leia is her child.

Lexi - Thanks for reading! :) More will be revealed about what happened to her soon. The queen I think is being unreasonable, poor Padme does not even know who Leia is.

HandmaidenVeme - Thanks for reading! :) I guess you can understand what the queen is going through, but is it right? I hope you will enjoy the upcoming posts!

13. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004

Chapter Three

The Queen of Alderaan, slowly walked into Leia?s bedroom, and gave an affectionate smile to the sleeping princess. She continued to walk towards the bed, and sat down beside Leia. Her eyes had a motherly glow, as she slow ran her fingers through her daughter?s open hair, and stroked her soft cheek. Leia stirred in her sleep.

?Leia?Leia.? The Queen?s voice was gentle, and it tickled Leia?s ear.

Leia smiled in her sleep, and let out a deep breath, whilst she rubbed her ear. She opened her sleepy eyes, and looked at her mother.

?Hey little one?it?s time to get up. Today is your birthday.? Breha tilted her head to her left, so that her face was in line with her daughter?s.

?Mommy,? Leia sat up.

The Queen pressed her right index finger into her own cheek.

?Where?s my kiss?? She asked softly.

Leia energetically sprung forward, and kissed her mother. The queen responded with a tender kiss of her own, to Leia?s forehead. The Queen was so proud of her daughter, and every time she looked into her innocent eyes, her heart melted. She would do anything for her?Anything.

?Today I?ll give you whatever you want.?

Leia looked mischievously at her mother.

?Anything..?!? Her voice was full of life.

Breha closed her eyes, and nodded her head in accordance.

?Anything sweetheart??

Leia moved her eyes around the luxurious bedroom, whilst she pondered what to ask for. Her eyes sparkled; as it hit her?she knew what she REALLY wanted.

?I want my real mother!? Leia spoke with a resounding conviction.

The Queen was shocked by what she heard, the words she feared the most, came out of her daughter?s mouth. She regained her composure, and struggled to smile.

?But I am your mother?.?

?No, I?m her mother!? A powerful voice came from behind the Queen; she looked over her shoulder, and was startled to see Padme standing in the doorway.

?Padme?? Breha?s voice trembled, as her heart pounded ferociously in her chest.

?Leia?s my daughter!? Padme power walked towards the bed.
    ?You?ve been lying to me all this time! But now I know, I understand the connection that Leia and I share.?

The Queen slowly stood up, and looked into the intense eyes of a mother, who was kept in the dark about her own child.

?Padme??

Padme extended her exposed right palm at the terrified Queen.

?Enough..! I?m taking my daughter.?

Breha?s heart continued to beat inexorably in her ribcage, whilst her painful breathing got faster and deeper.

?No, you cannot.?

Padme ignored the Queen?s pleas, and extended her open arms towards Leia.

?Leia.?

?Mother?? Leia looked at Padme in a state of confusion.

Padme nodded her head up and down and warmly smiled at the little girl. Leia returned the smile as she ran across the bed, and into her mother?s warm embrace. Breha helplessly looked on.

?NOOOOOOO!!!!!!?

The Queen woke up in a sweat. She pressed her hand into her chest, in an attempt to slow down her agonizingly deep breathing. It was the third time, in as many weeks, that she had the same nightmare. She looked over at Bail, and was relived that he was still sound asleep. Breha slowly crept out of her bed, and into the long corridors of the palace. She quietly opened the door to Leia?s bedroom and peered in. Leia was in a deep sleep. The Queen had made up her mind; she had suffered, and lived with the fear of losing Leia for far too long. As long as Padme was around, the danger would always be there.

?What is wrong my Queen?? A female voice came from behind her.

The Queen turned on her heel, and faced one of her royal handmaidens. Relief set in that it was not Padme.

?I need to arrange a private meeting with Lord Vader on Coruscant.?

?Is it for Senator Organa?? The handmaiden asked.

Breha shook her head from side to side.

?No, it?s for me. This has to be strictly confidential. You mustn?t tell anyone, including my husband. I can trust you on this??

The handmaiden bowed.

?Yes my Queen.?

?Good

14. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    I have the feeling, that this will back-fire badly on her.

15. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    :eek: A secret meeting with Vader. This can't be good. I can't wait for the next chapter. Very intriguing.

16. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    Now the Queen's getting Vader involved in her scheme? Nothing good will come from this...I guess fear really does lead to the darkside.

Post soon!

17. lady_sapphire

lady_sapphire Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2005
    any meeting with vader is bad. but...i'm sure now he'll know that padme is really alive. and then the real fun will begin.

18. Yorkshire-Gal

Yorkshire-Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Ohh how i wished that dream was real. How evil of the Queen to do this to Padme! I hope Padme realises Liea is her daughter for sure, this is great but i wouldnt expect anything less from you Anakin_heartbreaker lol!

19. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    :eek: Oh, no. What is she going to do?!? She's willing to risk exposing Leia just to get rid of Padme?!?

20. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Just found this and I am hooked! Interesting twist that Padme has lost her memory. For a moment I thought the Queen's dream was real!!! She must really be desperate to even think of contacting Vader! Does she not see that she will lose Bail and Leia this way?

Can't wait for more! :)

21. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    You can count me as your reader.
    Very interesting story.

This queeny is up to no good if she wants to meet Vader, that's for sure[face_plain]

22. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Oh my......making Bail's wife the villan......yikes....

Good start. ;)

23. searth_99

searth_99 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2001
    Wow!this is really good so far!!=D=

i'm hooked for sure!

UP!

24. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    The queen doesn't seem to realize that bringing Vader to Alderaan may not be a very wise idea either. She's just digging a deeper hole for herself in trying to keep Padme away from Leia.

25. Redneck626

Redneck626 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    The Queen had a weird dream, didn't she? I hope that Padme gets her memory back when she meets up with Vader again.
    Redneck626

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.