main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why do SA girls hate Star Wars? :(

Discussion in 'Archive: South Africa' started by OnlyOneKenobi, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZIG

ZIG Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2004
    I find that a lot of (young) ppl here (OK i'm only 22) are a bit like sheep when it comes to Sci-fi and seem to think there is some sort of stigma attached to it. It's not as bad nowadays, but ive only met two girls who like Star Wars... that's not saying much. I mean, come on, Star Wars is till far superior to most of the ***** out there and you'll find that most of these "girls" watch soap operas - the most vaccuous wastes of time invented by man, so that doesn't say much. I've recently met this girl whos really into lord of the rings and terry pratchett (She's read a lot of the books) and I was dumbstruck. She's not bad-looking either ;)

ok, i havent mentioned the ladies taking part in this forum, but I haven't met you...

2. Adaron

Adaron Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2004
    I know an SA girl myself who says she loves Star Wars, so I don't really think there's a stereotype there. It's an international thing. It's not cool to like Star Wars if you're a girl. At least not in America. But Americans are stupid, so what can I say?

Not a spoiler, but in spoiler text:

Anybody got a theory on how an SA girl likes her roses, by the by? Actually, just in general... But what's better? White, red, lavender... Those kinda peach-looking ones that are all mixed? Uh, yeah...

3. ZIG

ZIG Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2004
    In response to the above: Red.

Um, by the way, my ex-gf is American... But yes, the American Government is a poor excuse for leadership.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.