Rocky M, NC Why do they cancel the good ones?

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    The WB is Officially NOT Renewing Angel after this season. This blows big time... Joss Whedon apparently wants the show to continue and is trying to get another network to pick it up.

In other news The WB is going to start airing an all new Dark Shadows series. Coincidence?... I think not.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  2. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    For those keeping track this is Angel's 5th season.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  3. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's hoping UPN picks up the show. BTW, Angel is the WB's 3rd most highly rated show, and ratings this season have been up from last year.
  5. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Entropy, I would guess Smallville beat it out... what's the other one in the top 3?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  6. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Btw, inside sources are saying that talks with UPN aren't going that well... but TNT has expressed an interest. Just keep them fingers crossed.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  7. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know what the top 2 were, but I'm willing to bet that it was one of the teen dramas, probably The Gilmore Girls.
  8. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    I was thinking Dawson's Creek...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  9. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    That was cancelled awhile back.
  10. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Yeah, the wife loves Gilmore Girls. I wonder if Smallville is their highest rated?
  11. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright. Angel just did a show where he turned into a puppet. That's freakin comedy gold! But then again, I heard Firefly was good and it got the axe before long. Heck, the Tick live action show only lasted 8 eps before getting killed. (I have the DVD, seen it all 3 times, and love it more and more.)

Spppppppppppoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn.
  12. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Angel was great last night. If Joss doesn't release an Angel puppet, he's just wrong. I would buy one. Heck, I would probably by several and give them out as gifts.

As for Firefly, it was very good. I got the DVD for Christmas and have total enjoyed it. It's well worth the money too, because about half of the episodes never aired (or I missed them).

Never got to see any episodes of The Tick live action series. Someday I hope to remedy that situation.
  13. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I want to see Firefly and Tick as well. SPOON!
  14. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    If I think abou it, I'll bring the FireFly DVD's up to Jimmy's tomorrow. I know he wants to see them too. I'll let you guys fight it out over who gets to borrow them first.
  15. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Well Riff does have this problem about returning things... perhaps Jimmy, then me, then Riff :D

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  16. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    You have a point. :) But in his defense, he's very good about loaning things.
  17. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Meesa bombad, and meesa know it. :) Do I still have something out on loan to you? Thats my chink in my armor, is that I tend to be forgetful as all sithspit. :(
  18. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    I think so, but I'm not sure. I'll have to look to see if I've still got it or if I gave it back to you. What I ment was that you've got something, you're probably willing to loan it out.
  19. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Oh, well, yeah! To certain folks, anyways. ;)
  20. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Angel is a dumb show.

I did like Buffy, though.
  21. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    oh my!

Angel = not dumb
  22. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    This Ancyent One Once Loved Dark Shadows... Barnabas Collins - the tortured neckbiter with a conscience, it was my equivalent of the Afterschool Special every day of the week.... lol! :D

23. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I've watched a few of those....
  24. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Angel? Dumb? Are you sure you're watching the right show?

I've seen a few episodes of Dark Shadows, but it always seemed as if I had missed too much background info to fully enjoy it.
  25. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Angel is awesome... though the entire Vampire with a conscious bit was ripped straight from Dark Shadows... still I don't see a modern Dark Shadows making it for long... where as Angel is on season 5 already... just my take.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.