main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why do we assume death of a principle?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Disciple of Revan, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    A mentor dies in every first movie. From what we know Han is going to be there for most of the movie serving that role, just as both Qui-Jon and Obi-Wan until they died. Han dieing would be the perfect passing of the torch from the OT to the ST. He would pass everything that really mattered about the OT on to the new characters. To Finn he would instill the idea of redemption, the idea that someone who once was not the greatest guy could go on to do great things, to Rey (assuming she is a solo) it would commence a character arc driven by watching her father die, and to Poe, clearly a pilot for the "NEw Republic", it would instill a sense of duty, especially if Han dies in such a way as to serve the Republic, or the greater good. Furthermore, he would pass on articles, and other characters closely associated with him. The new characters would become the custodians of the Millennium Falcon, arguably one of the most iconic vehicles in fiction, and certainly an icon of the series as a whole. Furthermore Chewbacca would now have a true purpose of protecting, and fighting alongside the new characters in trying to avenge Han, or more intriguing honoring his dead friend's last wish. All in all it would just be a really intense thematic moment were Han to die, and Han settling down just doesn't sit right. He should go out in a blaze of glory, blaster firing, and with a smart ass comment. He's Han Fraking Solo!

2. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    I don't want Solo to go, I don't think he's going to. Its too obvious or maybe that is the thing? Something happens on Skellig Michael. The only two that are there are Luke and Ridley's character. They are keeping something secret and the biggest secret from this film to me is coming across as a death. I maybe completely wrong but why all the secrecy? We have not heard a whimper or anything, so what is filmed there must be something big? Could it be a funeral scene, a passing on scene?

Am only summonsing here, it could be anything but I just get that feeling........=((

3. Disciple of Revan

Disciple of Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 29, 2014
    I am going to post something that will draw immediate ire. However, I am going to deal with it. Lets say (this is hypothetical) that SM is accurate that Han does not die... in fact, he has stated none of the big 6 dies. With that though he has said there is an "inheritance" of the falcon to one of the new characters (can't remember which one). Han is been incapacitated before in ESB. Why not cripple him and take him effectively out of the picture but very much alive.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am completely fine with an "I'm getting too old for this" moment if handled with typical Han Solo self-deprecation rather than tragic surrender to age.

Disciple of Revan likes this.
  5. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    Are you telling me I'm going to have to see Chewbacca whimper softly as Han dies?? I don't think I can take that.:_|

6. Drun Pulsar

Drun Pulsar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2015
    My personal opinion, I don't wanna see the OT part 2. I wanna see new plots, new characters etc.

The big three can be side characters but I want something new

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

7. Drun Pulsar

Feb 9, 2015
    That being said I would bet cash somebody will die.

8. Drun Pulsar

Feb 9, 2015
    If not Han then Luke.

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    we need a suicide in sw. old age, blaster to the head.

10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Drun Pulsar Welcome to the boards. Please use the edit option instead of making multiple posts back to back. Thanks.

11. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    you serious?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.