main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Why do WE get all this crap?" -under appreciated SW characters

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Zenek, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenek

Zenek Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2003
    For starters, I'm SO glad that we all can finally see the entire saga, and all the pieces have fallen into place...Shortly afterward I loged on and browsed the Ep 3 "Spoilers" thread, and boy I read many a lame coment about "crap/useless/unessary characters". I just had to release my anger, not by joining the dark side, but posting here.

Remember, I'm just here to give a new insight on other non-Luke/Yoda/Vader characters, to please no flaming- it burns! Here's the deal: Characters like Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Greedo, Sebulba, and most of all, General Grievous take WAY too much crap from fans reviewing the film quoting such garbage as: HE wasn't nessary for the plot of the film, or he didn't even last the end of the movie/ he should've lived longer/ or otherwise complaining why they shouldn't have been there to progress the story, well MR./MS. lesser character hater, let me give ya some REASONS NOT TO CONDEMN THEIR EXISTANCE!

Darth Maul- Good gravy, This Sith Lord takes alot of crap, being a throwaway character and how useless he was...blah blah blah. Someone had to be a baddie in TPM, SOMEONE had to kill Qui Gon, Someone had to be the other Sith alongside the Sith Lord, and yeah...he had to die to make room for Darth Tyrannus people, get over it. Just remember how cool he was, and that most people wouldn't expect somebody to jump 20 feet over your head and slice you in half- by their FINGERTIPS! :D

Jango Fett- Poor, poor Jango. Fans yell at Boba's daddy and spurt crap like "Oh no! Not the NEW throwaway character!" Gez, isn't it OK for a character just to show up and be a badarse? We needed a template for the clone army, and an origin story for Boba couldn't hurn either.

Greedo- He shot first! Seriously, regardless of the Jabba confrontation over money, Greedo's appearence drives the whole point that Jabba's had enough home. Besides Rodians are cool! Not as cool as Quarren, but...

Sebulba and the other 16 alien Podracers- Ah- The podrace scene. Possibly the scene that, while one of the coolest, took alot of crap form the fans..."UNESSARY" the fans yelled! Yeah, a more interesting plot and more action makes a movie much worse. Would've you preferred Qui Gon shimmy on to Tatooine, and just say: "Hey, that kid's strong in the force. Let's take him with us."

General Grievous- WOW. This guy could've kicked Darth Maul's arse all over the place, eh? :D Anyhoo, again a "need". We needed a leader for the Confederacy, with 'ol Dooku dead and all. I too would've loved to see a longer fight between Obi-Wan and GG, but let's face it people: ROTS had ALOT of ground to cover, and I'm sure alot of cyborg arse kicking was left, along with alot of other nifty stuff, on the cutting room floor.

General Grievous: "MY EYES ARE BURNING!!!"
    Obi: "Try Clear Eyes for burning, redness, and itchy eyes..."

There are many others I'm sure I've skipped over in my ranting, and if need be, I'll type up a follow up! OH JOY! ;)

I've just made sure the Nemodian manning my desktop has turned the insult and criticism deflector shilds on a maximum. I'll be back from my hate post bunker in a few hours...until then...

-Zenek

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The most important thing to remember is that they are only fictional characters. They aren't affected by the bashing. Everyone has their own opinions, why you are annoyed by those opposite of yourself, I'm sure others are equally annoyed by the opinions which you hold.

No one looks at anything the exact same way. There are different things that we all enjoy.

Please, don't take it personally.

-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.