main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why do we have to wait ROTJ to see Aliens fighting with the rebels ???

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by The_General, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_General

The_General Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Hi everyone. :)
    This is my question : Why do we have to wait ROTJ to see Aliens fighting with the rebels ???
    I mean this is strange don't you think ? ... There are only humans in the Alliance or what ????? Is it the consequences of a lack of budget for the ANH and ESB (and it would be easier to show only humans) or did Lucas make it because he felt that showing only humans would give a "past" to the rebellion ... you know something like : "there are only humans so the Alliance must have been created by humans"

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    The "in-universe" reason is that aliens were opprossed by the Empire and didn't have much freedom anyway, but add to that the fact that the Rebellion is hard to find (duh, I mean look how long it took the Empire), I'm sure it took a while for them start coming. The Rebellion was only officially formed a couple years before ANH.

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Also the Rebellion's primary source of soldiers was from humans. The Rebellion was formed by humans (for the most part) and most of the soldiers in the Rebellion were composed of humans. So it is understandable why we see more humans than aliens. For the Endor battle the Rebels brought in just about everything they had, if it could fly it was used.

EU of course.

4. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    Plus, aliens are more expensive.

5. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Yep, it's a lot easier to have one standard set of equipment for humans than a bunch of different varieties for aliens. That wasn't going to stop the Rebellion, of course, but it may have slowed them down a little. After Endor, the number of aliens kept increasing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.