why do you hate EU?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Kingpin, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwenn Force Ghost

star 5
    So whenever something major in a person's life ends,that person disappears?

There are some of us who would like to see what happens to them AFTER the events of the saga. Granted that some of it may be...a little over-the-top, a large portion of it is GOOD.
  2. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    I'll wager you the same $50 that Lucas never explicitly says that the EU is NOT canon, either.

As someone already said, you made the claim that Lucas thinks it canon. I didn't say anything, merely challenged you to prove it. Judging by your response, you obviously can't.

2. Sansweet is not part of the continuity department. Chris Cerasi and Sue Rostini are. Thus, anything Sansweet says is simply his own personal opinion, and carries no merit.

Chris Cerasi is equal to Rostini. Moreover, he's speaking on the OS, not an EU publication. Furthermore, he's backed up by Sansweet, Lucas, and all the other quotes on canon, namely that canon consists solely of the films, radio dramas, film novelisations, and screenplays.

You can ignore the EU all you want, and that's great and wonderful, but it doesn't alter the official statements by LFL in the slightest.

There's more than one? Please do share it and enlighten us all.

when you go preaching it to other people, don't be surprised when people think you're wrong.

I agree, please bear that in mind.

The Completists have LFL on their side.

We have George Lucas on our side:
    "It happens outside my little universe."
    "It's a parallel universe to mine."
    "The fans, they have the books and such, but I don't go there."

Just three quotes from the Flanneled One on the subject. Game over.

"In other words, it doesn't matter what my personal continuity is, it doesn't matter that something obvious to me (but not directly stated) in the movies contradicts the EU, I must accept it, because in the face of "official continuity", my imagination, speculation, and opinion mean nothing.
    It's not the EU so much that I have a problem with, it's that kind of attitude."

So... basically what you're telling me is, you can't differentiate between fact and opinion. Did I get that much right?

No, it's EU fans who come in and insist that they're right and everyone else is wrong. In that respect, you have much in common with Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek, which is a thing to be quite ashamed of.
  3. WellKnownCharacter Jedi Knight

star 2
    BTW the way, sorry to everyone if I appear to be flogging a dead horse.
    I wandered into this thread about an hour ago and made my above post before I read to page 6 or something.
    Personally I'm anti EU and I have my reasons for that-many of which shelley stated and personally I cant beleive that some of the never ending drivvle is enjoyed BUT I'm not gonna hang anyone for liking EU. If they want to-thats their deal.

Now Ive read through and theres really nothing left to say on the subject because the two sides are never gonna agree so lets just leave it at that okay?

*Runs off to find a mod.*
    EDIT: *Cries when realises he doesnt know how to get one*
  4. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    All I can say is........ this thread should be closed.
  5. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    No, it's EU fans who come in and insist that they're right and everyone else is wrong. In that respect, you have much in common with Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek, which is a thing to be quite ashamed of.
    Or, like the groats over at Soul of the Jedi, you mean...??
  6. ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Master

star 4
    Good Lord in Heaven. Soul of the Jedi...my goodness...kicking the EU habit? What the........ EU fans shoving it down throats my @$$
  7. Sreya Force Ghost

star 2
    Leto, thanks for the advertising up there.

SOTJ was created because too many fans felt positively crucified at TFN, and wanted someplace to heal their wounds.

When fans are feeling like that, don't you think there's something wrong?

Sreya
  8. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Seriously, Leto, that sounded like a whole lot of mudslinging to me. :eek:

Jae Angel
  9. ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Master

star 4
    Anybody who needs healing just because they made a book series about their favourite movie is off their rocker.
  10. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    When fans are feeling like that, don't you think there's something wrong?

Why do you think the vast majority of EUers don't post in any sort of significant numbers in the movie forums? If we're guilty of crucifixion, you and your ilk are guilty of burning at the stake.

Neither group is correct here, and this is just ridiculous. Everyone is immediately defensive, and the level of arrogance being displayed in this thread is atrocious. Leto II, CommanderAntilles, the list goes on and on. Can't you all just quit with the posturing already, and agree to disagree? Neither of you are going to convince the other and change your opinion. WHy not just let it go?

[face_sick_and_tired_of_this_cr*p]

JMA
  11. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    >> Why do I care that Luke restored his father to the lightside and stood up to palpatine when a couple of years later he turns anyway! <<

Easy- it's the unavoidable fate as predicted by Yoda in ESB, "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Luke may have denied the darkside at first, but he still tapped it a couple times in ROTJ, so it was really just a matter time before he would have to face it again. The interesting twist being he did so from the inside instead of the outside.

The funny thing is, with all the bashing Dark Empire takes, it's still the closest, thematically, to what Episodes 7 to 9 would have been like had Lucas not deviated from the original Star Wars plan when he crammed some of it into ROTJ than any other post-ROTJ story.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.