main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

why do you hate EU?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Kingpin, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Well, if you really want to discuss voices, Boba's voice in the OT sounds nothing like Jango's voice. But that doesn't mean Boba isn't a clone of Jango.

I highly disagree with this:

Me, and a clone of me, would both react to the same situation in the same manner, by the simple fact that we are both the same person: me

That is incorrect. The fact that he has the same DNA as you has nothing to do with how he reacts to situations. Behavior is affected by environment. Identical twins have exactly the same DNA. They are essentially clones. I have known pairs of identical twins that act completely differently.

2. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Yeah Lord Hydronium, thats always bothered me when people assume that they will be immortal if they are cloned. It is a new person in an old body.!

3. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    Identical twins have exactly the same DNA. They are essentially clones. I have known pairs of identical twins that act completely differently.

that is because they are both independent minds. they think in the same manner, but because they are raised differently then they would react differently. but that argument is not valid anyway because are in no way clones, they are not the same person, only the zygot split with exactly the same DNA, but they are independent.

now you take a clone of a person. all thoughs clones go through exactly the same training, live a uniform life, and live togather all their lives then they are going to react simallerly, if not exactly the same

4. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah Lord Hydronium, thats always bothered me when people assume that they will be immortal if they are cloned. It is a new person in an old body.!

But the Emperor transferred his spirit into the knew bodies with the Force.

5. Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 1999
    "The fact that he has the same DNA as you has nothing to do with how he reacts to situations. Behavior is affected by environment." yep Lord_Hydronium

and to add a thing ,when they grow up in other enviroments (maybe slight diff. in gravitation also) they get differend food , that results in differend heights

6. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    yes, but the clones would not react like Jango because they were not raised in the same situation.

7. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    jansons funny twin, I am talking about real life, not DE.

8. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
  9. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Supposedly, the Emperor's clones served the purpose of being "husks". He could simply transfer his life essence into them and use the bodies as vessels to contain his essence and consciousness.

I'm sure that the DE sourcebook has more information on this, but I don't have it. Maybe it says that Palpatine's clones were modified to act as empty shells which his essence could fill. Or as I said before "husks".

10. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    That's okay Jansons Funny Twin.

11. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    people who hate a non-existant person so much that they start a web-page about hating a non-existant person have waaaaay too much time on their hands.

Mara Jade isn't THAT bad. Come on!

This thread is useless.

No one cares if you like a book or not. Chiming in with "I hate EU because the authors are no-talent hacks" doesn't make you seem more intelligent.

How many PUBLISHED books have you written? If you hate it that much...become a writer and show us all what a GOOD Star Wars book is like.

I will continue to read Eu books because I love the idea of Star Wars and will give any book about it a chance. These books are not written as the official "way it goes". Just another person's idea for good reading.

Sort of like a band doing a cover song as a way to honor the original recording.

12. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    So has Shelley given up or something?

13. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    I think she has. She'll be back though. She always comes back, louder and more hateful than ever.

14. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    Oh well, I think that EU is just EU. I don't consider it canon per se and I don't consider it non-canon. It just IS!

15. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    Good philosophy.

16. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    Yes, in this case the young grasshopper hasn't chose at all.

17. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    im happy that you are open minded, wish more people would be

18. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    Thanks. Learn to be a neuro-surgeon and then you can open it for them! :)

19. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That is incorrect. The fact that he has the same DNA as you has nothing to do with how he reacts to situations. Behavior is affected by environment. Identical twins have exactly the same DNA. They are essentially clones. I have known pairs of identical twins that act completely differently.

Ever heard of Fixed Action Patterns? Granted, its more species oriented than individually oriented, but it still has an individual aspect to it. Certain situations will always yield the same response. Other situations have a tendancy to lead to one specific response... think of it as a genetic "habit".

Also, I would assume that the clone's training programs would be similar. Since individuality would be eschewed, indoctrination and training would take over.

Oh, and since when did machine-like clones hold conversations anyway?

21. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    Intresting. So if a guy hits you with a tick and you try to block it after it hit you then your clone will do the same thing?

22. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    thats a stick not a tick sorry.

23. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Actually, I don't really hate the EU as much as I hate people trying to ram it down my throat as official canon that is equal or superior in quality to the films.

24. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    there are some books that are on the lvl of the movies, IMHO, but few of them. then there are the really poor ones too.

but i have never tried to ram rod it down peoples throats. i just try to ligitamize it to people becuase so many just dismiss it out of hand.

25. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Books on the same...?!

Oh man. Please tell me which books you think are on the same level of the films.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.