main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why do you like Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by yes, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. degobah1

degobah1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    the question is, why not? Star Wars is a great part of anyone's life who let's it be (even though the first time i saw saw it when i was like 5 i got locked in a bathroom, not a good SW memory) but anyway it just relates in a cool way to everything today and is just dabomb.org!

2. DARTHMOM10

DARTHMOM10 Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    From my Bio:

"As far as Star Wars goes, I've been a fan since Episode IV came out. My mother, who reads the Bible when she's making morning coffee and then again before she goes to sleep, was the one who got my younger brother and I into it. She never had a problem with us watching the movies or getting into SW because it didn't have any nudity/sex, bad language, or excessive violence. And it showed us that, even if things look impossible and the odds are against you, good does triumph over evil, and the 'good guys' are 'good guys' ... and they will and do win in the end."

The struggle of good vs evil, the fight for freedom from oppression, and that one person can make a difference ... All good things in Star Wars. I saw A New Hope when it first came out in the theaters and have been into it ever since. It's part of my fonder childhood memories ... [face_love] :) [face_love] :D [face_love]

3. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Why I love Star Wars?
    I love SF and Fantasy. I really like the mythical concept of the movies, that's why I also like LOTR.
    I also like the designs of the beautiful fantasy-world, with its own mythical characters, that we know today, and will always know!
    It's pure fun, but it also carries a message, even more then one.

Besides, I have huge respect for GL for creating such a story, and having the guts to have his dreams realized, even though so many people thought it was stupid idea, and the movie would never make it this far.

4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Anyone else liked the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games?

I still play TIE Fighter to this day. It really feels like Star Wars when I play it. The best SW game of all time.

I love Star Wars because the wonderful characters, the coolest spaceships (TIE Fighters), the awesome music by John Williams, and the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.