Why do you like Star Wars

Discussion in 'Killeen, TX' started by leiasolo, Aug 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leiasolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    This was a thread on the Waco site, and it was really fun to see why we are all so fascinated with the Star Wars universe. Since we're such a new group, I thought it would be a good question.

Here's a facsimile of my original answer to that post:
    I tend to like trilogies anyway, so maybe I was destined to like it, but it's one of the few movies where what I see exceeds my imagination, yet still seems very believable (in a SCIFI way, that is).

This next statement isn't meant to be arrogant, but there are lots of films I see that I think I could have written better dialogue, created a better setting, etc. just because I don't feel that they've stretched my imagination or beliefs. I think that's true for lots of sci-fi fans. We get really hyped up about upcoming movies, and then we're often let done when we actually see them. I haven't felt that about any of the Star Wars movies.

I also like them because I feel like any age group can enjoy them. Obviously, kids are going to get something different out of it than adults, but there are enough storylines for everyone to have something they like. Lucas spends time on character development, so you learn to love the Star Wars universe as a whole.

I love the idea that the universe has expanded and that one character who is only on screen for 3 seconds on the screen and doesn't even have any lines character can become a major character in an expanded universe novel or short story.

I love that there's sexual tension, lust, forbidden love, but we don't have to waste good plot time on actually seeing the sex. (I know not everyone will agree with me on that one.)

Okay, I love that I've written my longest post ever and I still have so much to say, but I want to know why the rest of you love it!
  2. britt1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I remember seeing it in the summer of '77. I had gone with some friends. They liked it but I thought it was totally cool! Since I grew up on the original Star Trek I liked space shows anyway so I was hooked on Star Wars right off. And I have loved it ever since.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.