Why do you think GL removed this from AOTC?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Raskolnikov, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Seagoat
  1. Neil_S_Bulk Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'd like to think so too... But then I remember how Williams never wrote anything at all for the Geonosis battle, and we ended up with Phantom Menace: The Remixes.

Williams didn't write music for that sequence because there was no sequence to score when he was composing. I'm sure if given the opportunity he would have written something for that sequence. Something far better than the "Kenny Cut" filled TPM hack job that makes AOTC feel like the first $100 million fan film. Think about it, you hear that kind of cutting and tracking in amateur productions, not something as supposedly prestigious as a Star Wars film.

Neil
  2. Cerrabore Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Speaking of butchered credits music, that's yet another reason to prefer the O-OT over the SEs.

Hmm?

Also, Ben Burtt isn't the music editor for Episode III...I guess that's a good thing, if he was responsible for that editing crap in AotC. Lucas probably had a bit to do with it, though. Either way, Burtt is still good with sound effects.
  3. Bad_Feeling Jedi Master

star 4
    Perhaps Lucas wanted to preserve that piece of the music for a moment in Ep.III?
Moderators: Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.