main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why do you think the First Order is called the First Order?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Drewdude91, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    My personal theory is that they follow the Ancient Sith rather the Rule of Two, hence the FIRST Order. Why would they call themselves the First Order if they are simply Imperial Remnants? Could this "First Order" have been around longer than the Empire, and simply have adapted to and used their technology?

2. Berry Kenobi

Berry Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    The First Order is sprung from the idea of the Nazis that fled to Argentina and I think FO is a offspring of the Empire? It could be that Abrams wanted this new organisation to have a fascist clinging name, therefor The First Order. Sounds pretty fascist for me.

Luke02 and The Legions of Lettow like this.
  3. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I think when Palpatine takes power, he specifically says something like, "and as my first act as your leader, I will create a grand army of the Republic!" It's possible that this is literally the "first order" they're named after: the order that says: the power and safety of the state shall be guarded by clonetroopers. The same troopers whose armor and vehicles the First Order still uses in some form. Their troops still go to battle in the livery Palpatine established as the mark of strength and unity when he gave his actual first order as Chancellor. They see their founding as the moment when the white armor of the unquestioning soldier replaced Jedi robes as the uniform of state authority.

4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I agree with both above. It really was the First Order of Palpatine "create a grand army to protect my Empire..I mean Republic" hehe

The first order was just that: Create a grand army to protect the Empire no matter what.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004

I hadn't hear this but it is interesting, I think it would be great if it were true.

I just assumed that "First Order" sounds like the Nazi "Third Reich" (reich is German for "empire").

6. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Nobody wants to be The second order

7. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    The Empire was also known is the New Order. I don't know why they added the First, but it is pretty much a play off that.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

May of had to do with Palpatine proclaiming of "the first Galactic Empire" and his "new order" . Unfortunately Hildago does not mention much on the origin of the name itself, but it sounds like a Neo-Nazi/Neo-Fascist group name so I guess its self explanatory. Some of the flags were more Nazi inspired(they were retained on Rebels) in the concept art during the rally on Starkiller Base.

JediRocks74 likes this.
  9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    It would be neat if it turns out that the Knights of Ren were the First Order of Force users, predating even the Jedi.

10. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    Because KAOS was already taken.

[​IMG]

darth-sinister and JediRocks74 like this.
  11. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    "Boys from Brazil" style right? ,cant wait to learn more about this...it does seem a bit ripped off from the video game "TOR" though..the whole sequence narrated by(the amazing) Lance Henriksen seems an awful lot like this scenario

12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    There was a lot of anarchy in the outlying systems after the empire fell. The First Order didn't have a name at first. Just a political platform and campaign slogan: Order First! They promised to bring order back to edges of the old empire as their first priority. First Order is their name but also their mission statement.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Berry Kenobi

Berry Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    Yea I think so to, had to google "Boys From Brazil" thou didn´t know what that was at first. The whole idea with FO came from when Abrams and another dude I can´t recall the name of now sat down and discussed how the outcome would be if the nazis in Argentina came back.

14. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Because the "First to Bring Order" is excessive and doesn't roll off the tongue!

Rylo Ken likes this.
  15. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    We've seen Order 66, maybe the First Order is the Empire's back up plan as a way of preserving and rebooting the Empire if it should fall. It was created as Order 1 and was to be executed after Palpatine died if the need ever arose.

KING_KENOBI likes this.
  16. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    Order 66 was a directive not an organization. So not sure order 1 would then become an organization

17. Thom Skywalker

Thom Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 1, 2014
    I've always imagined the First Order as being the first item on a list of hundreds of Palpatine's commands.

The same list where the Order 66 came from.

It could be something like "Full respect to the Supreme Leader" (which was Palpatine, and now Snoke).

18. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Nothing gets past you.

19. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    First Order of business: restoring order to outer systems of old empire
    Second Order of business: conquer the systems of the Republic
    Third Order of business: repair infrastructure
    Fourth Order of business: war on smugglers

The name comes from their long-term strategic planning.

20. Sigyn Ilbis

Sigyn Ilbis Jedi Knight

Dec 28, 2015
    My two cents:
    I think the name 'First Order' is just that organization's attempt to establish an identity separate from its Republic-hating predecessors.
    'Galactic Empire' sounds pretty impressive, and they were feared. In order to be equally as feared, without being dismissed as mere copycats, they had to call it something like 'Top, 'First,' 'Grand,' etc.
    While the new name doesn't give you any idea of scale (like the term 'Galactic'), it does convey a sense of its own precedence ('First').

21. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    Apparently the second part of my comment got past you!

KING_KENOBI likes this.
  22. Bigger Fish

Bigger Fish Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 24, 2015
    First Order of Power Converters from Tosche Station. :p

23. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015
    Palatines first order: maintain the empire....

He's playing the long game, even in death

24. Bigger Fish

Bigger Fish Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 24, 2015
    "First Order," a secret sect created by Darth Vader prior to the Galactic Civil War. Its purpose was for Darth Vader to quickly organize a new organization should the Emperor suddenly lose power (and Vader wanted to eventually overthrow Palpatine). This "First Order" was shrouded in secrecy for several years, until the destruction of the Death Star II.

This is all mine. :p

25. Darth Hood

Darth Hood Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    Palps empire was the new order though. Which would make Snokes the second order. Adolf was the third reich, since the HRE and Roman Empire preceeded it

I think it's a revival of some older (sith) empire