Clone Wars Why do you tune in?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Executor_of_Order66, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Simple question but I think it would be a good debate during the off-season.

Why do you tune into The Clone Wars on a regular basis? What is it about the show that you like which makes you devote your time to not only watching it but also debate on these boards?
  2. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    My answer is simple: it's Star Wars.
  3. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    For the most part (By this I mean pre-Season 3 ) the show is a fun adventure series that, aside from some head-slapping moments, is a great way to get a swashbuckling Star Wars fix. In addition, there are numerous moments where it gets into some really good, thought-provoking themes that are played out really well.

Again, all this is pre-Season 3. :p
  4. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    It's entertaining, fun, and some of the characters are really intriguing. Season 3 has been the weakest so far, but has introduced Tarkin, Chewbacca, the Nightsisters, the best animation I've ever seen on a weekly animated show, and a lot of promise for what's to come in Season 4. Some of the storylines also stand out as superbly written ("Cloak of Darkness" for example) and TCW has an excellent opportunity to address the issues not fully addressed in the films.
  5. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    What's wrong with Season 3? The Kamino arc was great, and the other half after the political episodes were some of the best in the series.
  6. Riven_JTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I don't... I buy the DVDs. :) I'm in the middle of watching S2 right now. Obviously won't get to see S3 for quite a few more months.

I watch TCW because it's Star Wars. Why not?

7. Darth_Hydra Force Ghost

star 4
    Ditto. I also follow several of the shows that CN shows on Friday nights.
  8. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Eh, even the second half didn't really do it for me. Don't get me wrong, they were vast improvements over the first half,, but between the rushed Nightsisters trilogy, the all-over-the-place Mortis trilogy and the missed opportunities of the Citadel trilogy, it just fell kind of flat.
  9. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I tune in to escape from reality for 22 minutes at a time and because its Star Wars.
  10. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I buy the DVDs or if it's an episode I absolutely have to see right away, I order it from iTunes or watch it on the CN site.

But the answer is, one, it's Star Wars, and two, it fills in the gaps between AOTC and ROTS very nicely.
  11. Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Master

star 3
    'Cause apart from a handful of weak eps it's a quality tb series. Looks amazing, strong writing, entertaining (epic) stories & lots of fun. Also, I love animation!
  12. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    That's their most weakest aspect
  13. StarWarrior92 Jedi Master

star 2
    Because TCW is a fresh look at the Star Wars universe while keeping the film's Star Warsy greatness. And it just gets better and better every season.
  14. Senator Kelberry Force Ghost

star 3
    At first, it was curiosity. I had only seen the six films up to that point when the TCW film came out. I had no care at all for the EU, and the only Star Wars video game I ever played with any regularity was "Tie Fighter". It's hard to remember, but I think when I first heard a series was coming out with a movie ahead of it, I mostly wondered if it would be something I could get into. I thought the movie was a great idea because it would give me a one shot chance to see if the series would be worth investing any time in. I still remember sitting in the theater as the lights went down and those familiar words appeared on the screen...and then I got neither John Williams' score, nor an opening crawl and I thought "I have a bad feeling about this..." But then the story itself interested me, as did many of the characters, Ventress especially. So, coming out of the theater I thought I'd give it a chance when the series premiered. After all I had nothing better to watch on Friday nights.

I think I continue to watch the series mostly because it helps work my imagination. Some episodes are better than others, definitely, but the one thing they all manage to do is add to the image I have in my mind of the Star Wars universe. It fills in the gaps for better or worse. It tells stories of characters that might otherwise never have been told, and those stories, in turn, lead to creations in my own mind.

I remember when the Nightsisters trilogy came out. Many of my comments in this forum revolved around the fascinating new people introduced, theories as to their mentality, and how much I enjoyed the series. More deeply, though, the main reason I enjoyed it, especially the first part, is it provided fuel for my imagination. That's the mark of a good episode for me. If it fuels my imagination. After the first Nightsisters episode I would often, and still do actually, dream up short scenes, conversations, and other interactions between characters as if I was watching them on TV at that very moment. I would consider the ways in which they might live, what their thoughts and feelings might be...all sorts of things that fleshed them out in my own mind. It provided a level of enjoyment far beyond the episode itself.

So why do I tune in every week? Because regardless of the quality of the episode, and certainly there are bad episodes and good episodes, each one helps fuel my imagination; my dreams. Each one allows me to think about people and things and places that I might not otherwise have,; to dream of what might be or could be going on behind the scenes, as it were. Overall the series enriches a world I have come to understand I knew so little about, and provides a perfect opportunity to exercise my imagination and explore the Star Wars Universe in my own way.
  15. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It SW, it's animation, it's on TV every week.

Need I say more? :p
  16. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    1. It's Star Wars
    2. It's sometimes actually entertaining
    3. I want to see what Filoni and co. come up this time- every episode is possibility....
  17. MarkVader1991 Jedi Master

star 3
    So I can bitch and make fun of it.

Kidding. Because, in my opinion, it captures the tone and feeling of the movies better than most EU does. It's visually groundbreaking for TV. And I find it entertaining.
  18. Sgt Crowfield Chosen One

star 4
    Been a SW fan since '77, though I went through phases of more and less interest in the topic.
    I GMed GDW's Star Wars RPG for years, read quite some (but not all) of the EU books, comics etc., collect figures, played most of the video and computer games, watched the PT movies and found it rather entertaining, joined these boards to read some other opinions and keep up to date, so to say, watched the Tartakovsky series and bought all major video/DVD releases. Interestingly enough I initially watched TCW with my son when there was a re-run of the first season on TV; I happened to be in one of my less Star WRasy phases then, but sonny became such an avid TCW fan in such a short time, so I bought the available DVDs and pre-watched them (I deem him too young to watch TV alone, and if there's unsuitable (IMO) content in an episode I'd rather know it in advance), and while I watched, I fell in love with the series.
    Simple as that.
    And since I like to read some other opinions and keep up to date, I'm still haunting these boards, just that's it's mostly the TCW forum now instead of the EU forums I used to haunt in the olden days.
  19. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    =D=Great answer and for me it's 100% true.
  20. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    This.
  21. Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Force Ghost

star 3
    Mostly just because it's Star Wars.
    But also because although there's a few bad eps so far at least the show always picks up eventually. It's worth watching just for the great episodes.
  22. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    TCW is pure Star Wars, effectively Episode Two Point Five.

The animation is spectacular and the stories are often quite good.
  23. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Honestly TCW is what keeps my SW-fandom alive- after ROTS i was expecting live-action but now it's very uncertain- i'm glad to have new Star Wars every year- during the winter every week- it's so cool..... eu never was enough to keep my fandom alive really but TCW does that pretty well... eu is nice extra to have though....
  24. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    It's Star Wars, it entertains me, and as an artist, I like to study the animation. Also, the battle droids crack me up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.