main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

why does Dave W. takl about breasts so much in CoPL

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Qwert_Squadron, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwert_Squadron

Qwert_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    well why? i was reading around the 180's (page) and he kept talking about deformed breasts. scary.

2. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i dont think i read the book.

3. Qwert_Squadron

Feb 27, 2002
    well, the reason is self evident: he doesnt get any in life so he likes talking about what he cant have.
    Simple really.

4. Qwert_Squadron

Feb 27, 2002
    i didnt type the above message...woah.

5. VaderOnGliterstim

VaderOnGliterstim Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    sorry billy, i was still signed in as you when i replied to your queery.

6. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, in that case D. W. dreams about being dominated by women, which is basically what CoPL is about... Both Hapes and Dathomir are dominated by women...

7. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    This is an obserde sexual post, which goes against The Terms and Services{/i].

8. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Chissdudes against the whole thing because he doesn't understand what everyone is talking about.

9. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    "Breasts? What is breasts?"

10. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Chissdudes against the whole thing because he doesn't understand what everyone is talking about.

Yeah basically, also I think this VOG is always off topic...

11. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    It isn't sexual at all it is suppose to be like Amazons in mythlogy who lobbed off their breast so it wouldn't be in the way when they shot arrows. Both are about women warriors.

12. VaderOnGliterstim

Mar 4, 2002
    WOAH!
    stupid amazonians...
    and chissdude, have you read CoPL?
    qwert can quote about 3 or four or maybe more of the times he talks about breasts being deformed or some crap.

13. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    qwert ???

And really dude, you need to settle down...

14. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Qwert_Squadron, the dude who started the post.

15. VaderOnGliterstim

Mar 4, 2002
    how do you mean, settle down?
    Im telling you a legitemate fact and youre telling me to calm down.
    Really (c)-dude, whats up with you?
    You act like youre a monator or something and are god.
    what i really think, is that YOU have to grow up.
    later. (for good)

16. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    haha
    thats pretty funny.
    and you havent even replied.

17. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    Lets face it,CoPL was in no way whatsoever a good book, so there's no point in trying to figure out the demented going-ons of the author's mind.

And I think this post is incredibly relevant, it addresses the topic of sexual subject matter in books.

I for one, have no problem with it, authors just have to describe scenes and situations in more "detail" in books than there is in movies. In a movie if a character gives someone "that look," we all know what he's thinking, but in a book, "that look" has to be defined before it can be recognized as "that look."

Mike Stackpole is the best EU writer at sexual tension. Not because he's a pervert, but because he isn't afraid to break literary taboos like this.

Which isn't to say some people don't go too far. Its been a while since I read CoPL, but I think that author (I forget his name) did cross the line.

To sum it up, I think the author of this book isa horny nerd who can't get any so resorts to writing about it.

P.S. have you noticed how even the short form (CoPL) sounds like couple? Or even, coppulation? I'm sorry, that probably crossed the line.

18. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    No, I enjoyed it thoroughly, as did many others

19. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    You act like youre a monator or something and are god.
    what i really think, is that YOU have to grow up.
    later. (for good)

Grow up hey...Just because I may be young doesn't mean Im stupid. I have seen this forum get pretty rowdy, and I'll tell you, I don't like it. Belive me others woyuld oppose your attitude as well, they just aint gutsy enough to say it to your face...

20. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Mike Stackpole is the best EU writer at sexual tension. Not because he's a pervert, but because he isn't afraid to break literary taboos like this.

Which isn't to say some people don't go too far. Its been a while since I read CoPL, but I think that author (I forget his name) did cross the line.

To sum it up, I think the author of this book isa horny nerd who can't get any so resorts to writing about it.

P.S. have you noticed how even the short form (CoPL) sounds like couple? Or even, coppulation? I'm sorry, that probably crossed the line.

First, Stackpole goes MUCH farther than Wolverton does. Second, why would you keep repeating that he's a "horny nerd who can't get any so he resorts to writing about it"? Do you have ANY basis for such an insulting comment? Do you know ANYTHING about the guy? So he had some naked women in his book. Is National Geographic magazine perverted because they have pictures of topless African women? And yes, obviously there's going to be some sexual tension when there's an attractive women naked in a cave or something with you. And I wouldn't go around calling an author a "horny nerd" when you're sitting here trying to make connections between the acronym of a book's title and sexually-oriented words...

21. VaderOnGliterstim

Mar 4, 2002
    last night here...
    and please tell me, what exactly IS my attitude?
    and to say it to my face??
    look around, were on the internet. They can say whatever the hell they want to to me and not fear retribution or anything, becuase i cant do anything but put them down (or try to)

22. VaderOnGliterstim

Mar 4, 2002
    In defense of Resolute, uhh, he doenst HAVE to talk about it, and even if he did, he didnt have to do it as much as he did and as graphic. I said the same thing as he did further up, i think.

23. VaderOnGliterstim

Mar 4, 2002
    Alright, well, whatever.
    ill check this again in the morning.
    Later all.

24. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    Chissdude,

I personally don't have any problem with you, but this is a relevent thread. There is nothing wrong with discussing the subject matter of the books. We are in the Literature forum afterall. The description of the breasts was not a sexual matter, but a cultural one. Have you never seen a National Geographic special or watched the Discovery Channel?

25. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Yes I have, yet tell me Infiltraitor, do you really think these guys had that kind of thoughts on there minds? I don't think so...Im actually surprised Isbeth isn't condeming me as we speak...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.