main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why does D'Qar look so much like Yavin IV?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by QuiWanKenJin, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    So, what do you say? Do Rebels really, really like bases inside ruins on jungle planets? like: "lets put our base in that ruin, oh it'll be so nostalgic." Or.......is Hollywood just allergic to new ideas? In-universe explanation, maybe?

2. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    [​IMG]

Ezon Pin likes this.
  4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

Krueger likes this.
  5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Seriously, though, I think people like this should get a temp ban. They know (as well as all us) what they are doing. Its Trolling, pure and simple.

6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Because it's a habitable planet that can sustain vegetation and food stuffs that features sturdy pre-built structures large enough to house ships, people, and equipment, that have long since been abandoned meaning they aren't endangering sentient life or risking being sold out. The dense foliage also probably makes them harder to locate, I'm assuming, since a planet like that would have massive bio-readings that would likely mask their own. The temples might be thick enough to mask the energy signature of their equipment. There are lots of reasons to base a militia there. If I were a scout, I'd probably look for a dozen more planets just like it as a back-up. I can't imagine the conversation goes like this:

"Wow, this planet makes for a great base. I mean, it has everything."

"Yeah, but I'm thinking next time something more... original. I don't know, maybe a planet made of crystal. Or acid."

"Why the hell would we start a base there?"

"I don't know, I'm just ready for a change, you know?"

7. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I reject the assumption embedded in the question.

Yavin IV is a heavily forested jungle planet. D'Qar...is seemingly not that forested (at least not around the base). The Yavin IV base is situated inside a massive pyramid, while the D'Qar base is situated underground below some low hills.

So, no, they don't look "so much" alike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There are threads where you can pose this question without creating an entire thread. With that said... lock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.