Why does ET make me cry???!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX' started by Firehawk-Jeff, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Knight

star 1
    I went to see it Friday. I had only seen it maybe 2-3 times since it originally came out in '82. I cried back then and I cried Friday. There's just something about ET that makes me wheep. :D

It was still a great movie 20 years later. Great to see it on the big screen again. They played the Clone Wars trailer too which was a nice surprise.
  2. Darth_Chocolate Jedi Master

star 3
    You wuss!!

;)

I can't wait to see ET this weekend, and I'll probably be the same way. I still can't sit thru LOTR with a dry eye, and I've seen that 6 times already and plan to see it at least 2 more in the next 2 weeks.

I'm gettin' soft.... I'm gettin' OLD!! NOOOO!!!!
  3. Old-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm gettin' soft.... I'm gettin' OLD!! NOOOO!!!!

OH SHUT UP! I've got socks older than you
  4. Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wuss?? Well at least I didn't cry for LOTR. :D ;)
  5. Darth_Chocolate Jedi Master

star 3
    "...cry for LOTR"?? I think you misread my statement. I said "I still can't sit thru LOTR with a dry eye", not that I "cry". I've just managed to get something stuck in my contact lenses every single time. Funny how that happens.... and always at the same parts of the movie. I still don't know what happens after they get out of Moria....

What? you don't believe me?? ;) <--see, eveny my smileys have something caught in their contacts as well.... *crosses his arms in defiance* hmph!!
  6. Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hate it when that happens!! ;) ;) ;) :_|
  7. DonnovanSunrider Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm the same way.
    ET was a very emotional film for me, and FotR does it too. And I have no problem admitting it.

It's just the mark of a well made film when it can take your emotions wherever it wants to go.

Here's hoping that George can pull out the magic touch that will bring such an experience to Ep2 & 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.