main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Why does everyone love The Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Tala Que, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    There are a number of reasons why I prefer TCW to Rebels, some of which others have mentioned but for me 2 major ones are:

1) How it added to the Starwars universe and expanded it.
    One example is Anakin Skywalker. In the PT he was basically just a creepy psycho and seemed to have no connection whatever to the great guy talked about in the OT. Basically they had Anakin re-written and actually showed that Anakin Skywalker talked about. This was the Anakin that should have been in the PT.

2) Another thing is George Lucas input and involvement. While he needs a filter and director to work with, he is clearly the man who is Starwars and who makes it memorable.
    To use another example; The show was originaly going to be Ahsoka with PloKoon, bouncing around on there version of the Ghost, essentially Ezra and Kanan mk1 and probably just as forgettable.
    Lucas said no and made her Anakins apprentice instead. Straight away it makes Ahsoka much more memorable and complex being Darth Vaders apprentice (there was a lot Filoni could have really done had he chosen too) and gives her an air of tragedy as we know this won't end well. This also gave Anakin/Vader the emotional connection that he was supposed to have but was a massive failure, with Padme in the PT.

Hell I'd even go so far to say that Ahsoka (or the character at least) should have been used for Padme and Mrs Vader rather than the plank of wood we got. While 2 Jedi would have worked much better for the whole forbidden love angle as well, rather than a Senator.

But I'm rambling, so simply put, Rebels doesn't really add anything (it's best moments are with non Rebels characters) and is forgettable. TCW while not perfect both adds and is memorable.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

I *like* TCW, I LOVE Rebels but in my heart I wish it had been granted the budget (both financially/time wise AND 'age audience' it's primarily geared to) that TCW had.

Kanan gets a short shrift in discussions (I love the reluctant Jedi/mentor/dad figure) and he's the one who's been wrung out the most... Ahh well, I just have to content myself with the small good Fan fiction I can find (mostly on AO3) and hope and pray to TPTB he at least gets a kiss before they paste him off...

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I like both TV shows but personally, I prefer the scope of TCW which can led to many different storyline and it certainly did despite being "stuck" being episode 2 and 3, I think without GL's direct involvement we would have a very different series not unlike what we have with Rebels or the microseries, repetitive plots with a small cast of characters. I don't think we would have things like Anakin having an apprentice or Maul's return or the Mortis arc or even pacifist Mandalorians without GL because let's be honest Filoni & co are also EU fans which is why we have so many references to it in the show and Lucas was there to keep them in check in case they go too far. With his lack of involvement, you see much more overt references to it in Rebels/books and comics and an obsession to continuity and not to contradict anything instead to keep them separate like they have always been.

4. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Sounds like one of the thousand cringy fanfics out there. I'm happy they did not go that route.

KamenSentaiMetalHero and Alexrd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.