main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why does Kit have one of these on his belt?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ROTS_Obi1, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    http://www.justhelicopters.de/hobbyaufkleber/medizin/yin_yang.jpg

one of those chinese things. That makes it look to dragonballz'ish. A ying yang or whatever they are called.

2. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    The Yin Yang represents the I-Ching, which is very similar to the Force in many respects, so the symbolism is there.

!snap

3. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I just think it looks a little out of place. I mean this is Star Wars not Yugihoh or whatever.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Kit is in peace with the polarity of his inner being, which is why he dons a symbol in the shape of a Yin-Yang upon his belt.

Okay okay, he probably bought it at a gift shop for half a cred. He looks like one of those impulsive shoppers who buys little knick-knacks like Yin-Yang jewelry that has symbols on it that he has no clue what the heck mean.

5. jumbo-jawa123

jumbo-jawa123 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    What is it used for.

Is it a weapon, a transmitter, or is it just for show?

6. Kakkaraun

Kakkaraun Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    The Force has so much in common with the Tao (which is what the yin and yang represent, NOT the I Ching) that they can functionally be seen as the same thing. Actually, they are. Just viewed from different perspectives.

You are aware that George used to be/still is obsessed with Asian culture and philosophy, right?

At any rate, it's kind of dumb to see a real-world symbol in the SW universe, but the meaning makes sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.