main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why does Kylo want Anakins lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by NakkyGraphics, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    So I've asked questions like: "Why doesn't Anakin's ghost appear to Kylo and tell him that Anakin turned out to be good?" And people say that it's because Kylo admires Darth Vader not Anakin. So if this is true, then shouldn't he want Vader's red light saber, not Anakin's? (Even though if Luke left Vader's saber on the deathstar then it got blown up)

2. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Kylo, knew the truth about Anakin's sentimentality.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  3. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    It's the saber that decapitated Darth Tyranus, killed a hundred Jedi Younglings and ended the Clone Wars via assassination of several key figures.

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anakin put Kylo in his will..

5. redinight

redinight Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Isn't there speculation that he had it in his left hand in the flashback scene? He also said "that light saber belongs to me".

Enkei likes this.
  6. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    probably considers it his birthright.

7. DavidSword79

Dec 27, 2015
    There's some obscure backstory that Kylo went seeking for the saber and almost got his hands on it. Not sure how canonical it is.

8. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    My theory is that 'objects have memories'. The lightsaber, like Vader's mask, has the ability to show people Force visions. Rey saw one when she touched the saber. I think Ren has seen them before - that's what he's referencing when he says 'show me again grandfather'. The objects have memories so they can show people visions, but they do not connect you to the Force ghost. The last time Anakin touched that lightsaber he was Darth Vader, and that's the memory the saber would have.

*I'm sure he would love to have Vader's red saber too.

9. Java_The_Hutt_

Java_The_Hutt_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2015
    I believe he wants it because it is an object that belonged to his grandfather. He is also a member of the Knights of Ren, who I believe are dedicated to collecting old Sith relics.

10. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    What if the Jedi objects only have one force vision per person. First time a force sensitive person touches it - force vision - then after that, no more.

Rey had a force vision the first time she touched Anakin's saber, but none since.

Vader's helmet gave Kylo a force vision before the events of TFA, but he hasn't gotten anymore since. Thus the unanswered pleas of "Show me again" to Vader's helmet. So it doesn't matter weather it's Anakin's blue saber or Vader's red saber, he desperately wants another force vision from Vader.

We witnessed how caught off guard Rey was with her vision, maybe Kylo was the same way, and the next object he touches from Vader he will be better prepared.

11. DavidSword79

Dec 27, 2015

Hey, that's an intriguing idea! Kylo is desperate to collect anything that once belonged to his evil hero so he can receive the singular Force-vision that touching the object will give him. How that will be conveyed to the audience through dialogue is another question, but it's a cool notion.

12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    He covets.

13. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    He has his mask and the ashes of his body. Why not collect one of his sabers too?

He's a Vader fanboy. Having no identity (or a confused one) himself, he instead idolizes an avatar of evil.

14. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    This is also what I believe. Most likely Kylo and Rey can both pull memories from the saber. That's how Rey was able to beat him in the duel. When she closes her eyes, she's downloading from it.

darklordoftech, 7starlight and IamZam like this.
  15. MilesEdgeworth

MilesEdgeworth Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    He doesn't really want it. He just doesn't want Finn to have it [face_batting]

darklordoftech and Tanjint like this.
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He's an honest-to-god prince like Lone Starr but looking to become Lord Helmet.

Death Wizard and DaveyWanKenobi like this.
  17. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Darth EMO is more like it.

Gosh guys give me that lightsaber for reals.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well i gave him the short short version. Its an interesting question I suppose. The Macguffin being switched from Vader's helmet appeared to have went to finding Luke and to the lightsaber to Luke and the lightsaber. They even deleted the scenes with Maz handing Leia the lightsaber at the Resistance base. Wonder if the next movie he actually sports one of the Vaderesque helmets in the Art of TFA book.

19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

I thought those were a very cool concept. I remember way back during the preproduction days of Episode One there was a rumor that Vader's helmet was a uniform for the Sith.

Remember the rumors too about Vader's helmet and face mask resembling some alien species on Mustafar?

So the Vader's uniform is a very cool idea.

20. Baghdad

Baghdad Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    He's probably afraid that his "home depot" lightsaber:kylosaber: is going to explode at any moment....and it was Anakin's:bluesaber:

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They already have been doing it on TCW and Rebels. The Inquisitor's are sporting some designs from their Sith Lord/"Jedi Killer" TFA concepts

Vader's design probably in-universe comes from Darth Bane and the Mandalorians(Clone armor).

[​IMG]

Shaak Ti and darklordoftech like this.
  22. Finn Calrissian

Finn Calrissian Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Because it has the force. It can open doors even.

23. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    So he can talk to it, too? [face_hypnotized]

24. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    This gets me thinkin'. What DID happen to Vader's red saber in ROTJ? Did it fall down the Death Star with Vader's robot hand that Luke just chopped off?

Shaak Ti likes this.
  25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yes. It's a family heirloom.

Trikuza23 and darklordoftech like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.