main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why does Palpatine come with a blue lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by ShaakTi, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Well, I had gone to Target earlier today and found the AT-TE Gunner and the Clone Pilot, but did not spot Palpatine. My wife decided that she wanted to "do some Target shopping", so I checked out the SW section again on the off-chance that something turned up, and lo and behold #35 Palpatine was hanging from one of the pegs they have open from the Lava Vaders! I grabbed him, and at first was disappointed because I was thinking that I had found the correction (through extremely tired brain cells...), but after walking in the store a little while, it struck me that I had found the error. Now I just need to find a RED saber holding Palpatine (though I believe there is little real rush for that).

2. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    The blue saber hilt looks like Anakin's to me.

3. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    Has anyone seen any confirmation that the blue saber IS the variation??

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It`s a varation,they made a mistake

5. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Galactichunter had what amounts to confirmation. Someone wrote in pointing out that the prodution date on the Red sabered Palps is after the Blue. Kohls across the country apparently have them in spades now and they've all been the red saber.

Edit: Quote from Galactichunter.com

Red Palpatine At Kohls
    4/10/2005 1:41:31 AM | Reported by Mike
    Bob M. sends in word that he found the Palpatine #35 red saber variant at Kohls of all places. "Just found 3 red saber palpatines at a Kohl?s in Maryland. The date stamp on them were 50241. The blue one that was found in PA had a date stamp of 50081. So looks like the red saber is indeed a ?fix? but which one is more widely produce I guess is yet to be seen." Kohl's has reportedly been the place to find figures 33-40. Their prices are higher at $7.99, but currently have the figures on sale for $6.99. Thanks Bob and Happy Hunting all!

6. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    Can you post a link to the confirmation?

EDIT: MEssage was addressed to Drac39

7. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Thanks for the confirmation. Maybe now the red saber version will come down on ebay.

8. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Bob M. sends in word that he found the Palpatine #35 red saber variant at Kohls of all places. "Just found 3 red saber palpatines at a Kohl?s in Maryland. The date stamp on them were 50241. The blue one that was found in PA had a date stamp of 50081. So looks like the red saber is indeed a ?fix? but which one is more widely produce I guess is yet to be seen." Kohl's has reportedly been the place to find figures 33-40. Their prices are higher at $7.99, but currently have the figures on sale for $6.99. Thanks Bob and Happy Hunting all!

My local Kohl's had an Exploding General, and that's about it for the higher numbers. Another Kohl's near me had....preview Wookiee warriors... [face_plain]

Oh well, I can wait. :p

~Vassago

9. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I tried to find the 2 Kohl's that's supposed to be in my area but I had no luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.