main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why does R2-D2 attempt to murder his friend?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Jedi_Learner, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    R2-D2 pushed C-3PO into the Droid Factory on purpose. I know this scene was intended for some humour, but still, why would R2-D2 try to kill his friend? [face_mischief]

2. bjbrickm

bjbrickm Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2002
    You can put C-3PO back together again. You can't do the same with Padme.

3. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    Then if that is the case bjbrickm, why did R2-D2 not ask politely for C-3PO to move out of the way? ;)

4. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    bjbrickm has a point he had to save padme and c-3po could be put back together,besides it just considiered a prank or joke among droids for their freids to push them of high places. :p

5. bjbrickm

bjbrickm Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2002
    He does ask and gives a warning nudge ;). Otherwise C-3PO wouldn't have told him to "calm down" and that he would "get his chance".

6. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    R2 tried to get Threepio out of the way so he could save the day and rescue Anakin & Padme.

7. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I imagine that it is in R2's programming to save Padme no matter what. That means pushing effeminate droids out of the way if you have to. Besides, he gave him a courtesy nudge and 3p0 didn't get the clue.

8. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I thought it was a bit odd for r2 to knock c3p0 over the way he did. It might of helped to show a horde of geonosisans swarming behind them, so we know they couldn't turn back.

9. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    He was just trying to save the day and stupid 3PO was in the way is my view on the subject.

10. Darth_Xizor

Darth_Xizor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2003
    Didn't R2 try to push over C-3PO in ROTJ on Jabba's sail barge? If I am wrong, someone please correct me. :)

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Not tried, did.

It was an emergency. R2's mandate is to protect Padme-probably why he followed her off the ship in the first place.

12. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I was just going to mention that. Artoo's dumping of Threepio in the factory was just the beginning of a long trend that would last till Jabba's sail barge.

13. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    R2 knew that bad one liners and cheesy antics were coming and he was trying to spare the audience the agony.

14. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    R2 was showing Threepio who was really "in charge!"

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    LOL, GJ!

R2: Fxing spaceships, delivering critical holograms, and destroying bad acting since 1977.

16. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    R2-D2 is a very impatient fellow I suppose... I don't think that it was all his 'programming' to save Padmé at any costs though; since when has R2 been known to really follow a set course? I think it was more of free will, and a reckless attitude toward Goldenrod. ;)

-Bjork.

17. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    What Foxbatkllr said. Also, I thought about it and, remember they aren't really friends yet this is only the second time they have ever met. All that stuff in the OT hasn't happened yet, so at the time he pushed 3P0 over it was just some crazy raving droid in his way.

18. Darth_Bog

Darth_Bog Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Because R2-D2, the most UNDERRATED superhero in the Star Wars universe was not about to let his streak of "Saving the Day for Some Major Characters" in each movie end courtesy of C-3P0, that's why! ;)

Besides, Threepio was 'murdered' in Empire Strikes Back and he returned intact.

19. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Hey, who says R2 likes 3PO... nobody else really does. :p

20. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    He pushed him because he had to get to Padme and C3PO would have made a fuss before moving..but R2 did make it up to him by going out into the Arena to put him back together.

21. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    It's Rw! What do you expect?! lol But he wasn't trying to kill C-3P0, he's trying to get to Padme and all! :D

22. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    I'm guessing that they don't like each other that much...

23. Sidious_Vicious

Sidious_Vicious Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2003
    A common misconception.

That "push" was, in fact, a rather bold - one might say sleazy - sexual advance made by R2 "in the heat of the moment", as it were.

Probably because of the surroundings. All those machines.... 'whacking' each other.

Well; it turned *me* on.

24. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    good point about ROTJ

25. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I think it's been made pretty clear by now that R2 actually HATES C-3PO...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.