WHY DOES SACRAMENTO SUCK SO BAD??!!

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Darth_Hater, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Hater Jedi Master

star 2
    In case you haven't noticed, fellow clones, everyone in the country has their tickets including our good neighbors in Vacaville.

So what the hell is up with Sacramento, George Lucas was born like a half an hour away from here, and no theaters are selling tickets. I swear this is the last place on earth to get tickets.

Do these mangaers of these theaters ever get on the net.

@#&&$^@&@*!!!&##(!!!!!
  2. Jeremyguy Jedi Master

star 4
    It's probably because "Sacramento" is too long to properly (legibly) fit on a JC icon.
  3. gundar421 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Man last time (TPM) I walked right up to the window at Laguna and got tickets for the first showing no problem. Information was out there and there was even a line for tickets sales with a dedicated window.
  4. PowerOfTheDarkside Jedi Padawan

Sacramento is sucking it up big time right now. I mean, Vacaville has tix and we don't? I'm just waiting for the word so I can score tix on the internet or go wait in line. Waiting for stuff is for sucks.
  5. Capt_Crunch Jedi Padawan

I've called theaters throughout the region, and I get the same fluff from each one. "Uhhh.. I'm not sure when tickets will go on sale."

I'm tired of sitting here waiting... I think I'll go see a matinee of Spidee - maybe something will come up by the time that gets out.
  6. DarthRidiculous Jedi Master

star 1
    The scoop so far:

According to Century managers at two theaters, it appears that more UA theaters will be getting Ep. II, in exchange for more Century theaters getting Spider-Man.

Further, the UA theaters have *just* come under new management after Regal bought out the chain last year -- this is causing some delays for the UA process.

So, with only two major chains in the area, this probably accounts for the delay. :mad:

Wailing like a banshee,
    Darth "The Whiner" Ridiculous
  7. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    well, i didnt know that Regal had bought out UA. If thats the case then we might be in for some trouble since the Regals on Truxel Road decided not to sell tickets until opening day for TPM. They might decide to do the same for AOTC, and since they now own UA, UA might be in the same boat. However, as I said before, my friend is a manager at the regal cinemas and she promised she'd give me a call right when she found out any information on the movie.

It seems like they're are trying to play off AOTC as just an ordinary every day movie since they aren't selling tickets yet and don't care enough to find out anything about when tickets do go on sale.

This is killing us fans!
  8. GHOST_RIDER Jedi Youngling

THIS BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going INSANE waiting for the tickets while the rest of the country can just chill.
  9. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    if I had know that all this was going to happen, i might of even drove down to san francisco and bought tickets at the amc theater there.
  10. gundar421 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is Spider-man really that big of deal? I mean Century is playing it every 30 minutes for crying out loud. What about AOTC?
  11. fn_clone Jedi Knight

star 3
    i heard spider man was worse than scorpion king
  12. gundar421 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm taking my son to see it tonight.
  13. Lord-Darth-Bane Jedi Padawan

I just tried to get tickets for Spider Man and it was sold out for the day. If I new the local theaters were going to be such a mess I would have gone to see it digitally in S.F. at least that way I could see the exclusive additional scene.
  14. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Words can't even describe my frustration. :mad:
  15. gundar421 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Auntie, Long time no talk. Are you gonna see Spider-man, eventhough it's messing everything else up. I really haven't been keeping up with you guys. I want to meet everyone for AOTC. My kids are missing school for and I took the day off. My son and I are dressing up. I'm Trying to get my daughter to be a Jawa but I don't know if she'll go for it.
  16. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes the digital shows for AOTC will have an exclusive scene! I can?t wait to see it in San Francisco.
  17. GHOST_RIDER Jedi Youngling

I agree with fn_clone on the subject of spiderman being worse than the scorpian king. Spiderman is a waste of $100 million dollars. It looks too much like a damn cartoon.
    AOTC's cgi shots will blow everyone away!!! If i wanted to watch a cartoon like Spiderman i can just stay at home and watch cartoon network.
    But I guess it would have been pretty crazy today between people in line for Spiderman and people in line for tickets for AOTC at the theaters. But the line for stars wars would be 10 times larger than for spiderman.
    Just 13 more days!!!!!!
  18. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi Gundar! It's good to see you.

I figure we're all going to get together to see AOTC quite a few times. I'm hoping we can all go on a road trip to San Francisco for a digital screening too! :D
  19. gundar421 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Love to go too. So, what's this baby talk is it for real?
  20. FluukeStarbucker Jedi Padawan

Oh man, I think George had a bad date in Sacramento and is taking it out on the entire county by not pre-selling the tickets right now. We may not even be able to see it around here until June, depending on the severity of this rejection.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.