main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Does Yoda And OBI1 forgive anakin

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Phewesin, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I agree that Obi-Wan and Yode would be inclined to forgive, due to being Jedi. But I also believe there's another major factor (at least in the case of Obi-Wan).

After all, once Anakin and Obi-Wan were friends. Conflicted, yes, but on some level Obi-Wan did probably love Anakin (though he never really expressed it in words or anything, but as I see it, that's just who Obi-Wan is). Sure, he might have been very, very mad at Anakin at several points (in a very cool, controlled Jedi-way ;) ) but still...if a very close friend of yours (or your brother, even) started, let's say, abusing drugs, and then did some serious bad stuff, wouldn't you still love him? And if he cleaned up and returned, yes, you might very well be rather annoyed still, but I think that the anger would fade when compared with the sheer joy of having your friend/brother back.

2. DarthFx3

DarthFx3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2003
    I think its becouse ob1 and yoda know that much of Anikins fall is their falt. Follow me here. In AOTC novel we know Yoda does on occasion use the dark side. his padawan becomes a sith, so when his padawan's padawan's padawan becomes sith too...well there must be a problem at the top. his line "once you start down the dark path forever will it dominate your destiny." Maybe he reolizes that his carefull brushes with the dark side were enough to put dark cracks in his legacy.
    As for ob1 there are a ton of things he could have done to prevent ani's fall but doesn't, and with 20 years in the deasert to think about it probably reolizes it. "I thought I could train him as well as yoda, I was wrong" My previouse argument not with standing he seems to carry the blaim with him.
    Also I think that they were totaly suprised by DV turn back. So for these 2 forgiveness should come easy, its everyone else that should have a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.