main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why does Yoda's homeworld continue to be such a mystery?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by BuriedAlien, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    :_| Give me a break people...

It seems like this thread is not only getting a bit off-topic with the "Supershadow" stuff, but also a bit heated in the debate thereof.

It also seems as if there is a BUNCH of unsupported rumors going on in here.

"Yoda is a Simpson from the planet Springfield. He likes to eat high-fat donuts and is searching for someone who likes to go skiing and talk backwards while riding elevators. Call 1-800-IAM-GREEN if interested."

You see? Not supported by anything...guess its true, eh?

Lucas said Yoda's green. Lucas said Yoda's old. Lucas said Yoda's a Jedi. Yoda came from Grentarik.

Ah....Lucas didn't say. ;)

2. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    I never joke

3. scuiggefest

Dec 8, 2002
    No my opinion wasn't based on Yoda's sarcastic comment in ROTJ; I just happened to think of it while I was typing the post. I really think Yoda is supposed to be some kind of muppet version of a 900 year old human being. He lost his fingers in light saber duels. It explains for me the reason there are no other Yoda-Like creatures-he's a regular person who is severely deformed.

4. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Yoda is a regular human being who has used the force to keep from dying for 876 years buy has still aged. That's why he's shrunken, bald, wrinkled, green skin, huge ears, squeaky old voice, bad grammar.

To back up my opinion, Yoda did tell Luke that he wouldn't look as good when he reached Yoda's age.

Keep on with those sorts of theories, and you'll end up a prophet for some crazy internet SW Society....... 8-}

I've seen it happen before...... ;)

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There isn't a significance to it.

6. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    scuiggiefest: Did you see Episode I? There IS another Jedi like Yoda- her name is Yaddle. ;)

7. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Because in 10 years, GL is going to release a whole collection of DVD's (or whatever movie watching device we have then) about Yoda's species and history and everything.

You can only buy it in a 5 disk set for $100.

8. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    how sure are you about that?

9. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    It's not as good as the theory that Yoda is a Yuuzhan Vong from times when the species where divided between pacifism and non-pacifism. Yoda was a twin of another Supreme Overlord (this theory stipulates that only those of the Supreme Overlord blood line can a)have twins and b)have vongsense force powers) that fled after battle to the GFFA, and revolutionised the Jedi Order.

Funny thing is, that this theory was being lauded as "so damn logical." :)

But hell, who are we to say nay? ;)

10. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Great, now some editor at LucasBooks will be browsing the forums here, looking for new and original ideas, find this "Yoda-is-a-Vong" theory and throw it into the end of the NJO!

[face_laugh]

11. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Padawan_John: [face_laugh] The way the storyline in the NJO is going, I wouldn't leave that idea out totally... [face_laugh] :p

12. scuiggefest

Dec 8, 2002
    Ken Kenobi:
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yaddle/img/eu_bg.jpg]

Well, I don't remember seeing that before. Maybe I'm wrong after all...

13. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Yep. That's Yaddle alright. ;)

14. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Yoda is a nine hundred year old Hobbit.

15. scuiggefest

Dec 8, 2002
    I'd like to reassert that Yoda is a hideously deformed 900 year old human being. If you notice Darth Vader when he takes his mask off is disfigured and so is the Emperor.

Could it be the Dark Side that results in their hideousness?

16. Nienna

Nienna Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2003
    Maybe they don't feel like making up another new planet and naming it. Or maybe they just want to make people argue about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.