main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why doesn't Anakins force ghost appear to Kylo

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by NakkyGraphics, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    I don't get why... If Kylo wants to avenge his grandfather, because he thinks his grandfather was always evil... Why doesn't Anakins force ghost appear to him and explain to him that he is on the wrong side

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
  3. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

The movie would be 5 minutes long:

Kylo: Blah blah blah plan blah blah blah Snoke blah-

Anakin: Damn it boy *smacks him upside the head*

oncafar, IamZam, BigAl6ft6 and 13 others like this.
  4. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    Well...like a lot of things that have been questioned about TFA..

1. Concept did not make it into 7
    2. Likely will make it into 8

[​IMG]

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Anakin's force ghost did appear to him off-screen.

But Anakin was into fascism, even as a young man. His political views were absolutely terrible. Why should that have changed?

11-4D, oncafar, Tanjint and 1 other person like this.
  6. Winshen Cloudleaper

Winshen Cloudleaper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Force spirits have conquered their dark side.

DarthBane93 likes this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The view of the force has changed however since new people took over. Abrams has stated that he thinks of the dark side as a natural part of the universe rather than a parasite or cancer. It's more yinyang-esque. Balance of the force is probably not about erasing the dark side.

whostheBossk and oncafar like this.
  8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Kylo already knows that Vader was not immune to the light. So the whole premise that Anakin showing up would mean anything to Kylo is off base. JJ even said recently that it's Vader Kylo admires, not Anakin.

So if Anakin were to show up, Kylo would be like, Get lost you wimp!

oncafar, Tan-Wessel and DarthCoins like this.
  9. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    I wish Vader was never a force ghost. Lets face it, he was the second most evil person in the galaxy. At least partially responsible for billions of deaths. Kills the most evil person in the galaxy and goes to heaven.

That would be like Himmler killing Hitler and getting a pass for all the bad things he did.

10. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I agree with Dra, he seems to have an inkling that Vader fell too the light side, but i disagree that it wouldn't effect him, his father clearly had pull, and he has clear contempt for him, while he has only shown admiration for his grandfather.

11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Well then Kylo is a fool because Anakin and Vader are basically two sides of the same coin.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  12. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Why is he a fool? He admires the dark side of the coin, not the light because he's been taught that light is weakness. For Anakin to show up and say he went light wouldn't be news to Kylo. Kylo would just say, That's weak.

The real question is whether Anakin could say anything other than I turned back to the light to make Kylo think twice. Kylo seems to desire power, so maybe if Anakin said the light is the more powerful, that would work.

oncafar likes this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Because Vader wouldn't even exist without Anakin Skywalker. Vader isn't just an evil Sith, he is literally a twisted Jedi Knight who still upholds some of their beliefs, although those beliefs have been twisted almost beyond recognition. He is not Palpatine.

That's why it's kinda foolish imo.

oncafar, jainasky and Shaak Ti like this.
  14. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Becuase he has now experienced first hand how absolute power leads to corruption. And hopefully has become wiser while hanging out with Obi-Wan and Yoda in Jedi Heaven.
    But it was the Force that allowed Anakin to become a Force Ghost. If he had survived the war I think Luke would have tried to help him escape into the galaxy or he would have stood trial for war crimes and been executed.

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Ghosts live a life after dying?

Vader has indeed experienced what absolute power does and it didn't really bother him for more than two decades. The only conclusion he drew was that the Emperor needs to be replaced by himself. Not the kind of lesson you claimed he has learned.

16. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    but if Himmler had killed Hitler at some point dont you think he would have been looked at much differently?

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and Dra--- like this.
  17. Shaak Ti

Dec 22, 2015
    did you miss his scenes where he talks to luke about how it is to late for him? you are right in ESB, but I would certainly disagree by ROTJ, otherwise his force ghost makes zero sense in it's current context.

18. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Darth_Pevra

I don't think it's that weird or abnormal, really. I don't think it's an issue of literally believing Vader and Anakin are different people, but more like how we tend to admire certain parts of a person's life more than the others. Sports fans might admire the 3 great seasons a particular player had, and when they talk about that player, they're talking about them during those three seasons. Nicolas Cage, for example -- people mock the latter part of his career, but they usually also admit or accept an earlier Nicolas Cage who was a great actor.

So Kylo admires Vader during the Vader years, and what he accomplished during that time. That period of Anakin where he called himself Vader is who Kylo admires.

So to bring in the "weak Anakin," it's hard to see how that would impress Kylo much. Then again, it depends on what Anakin might say. But just merely appearing to Kylo, as some think, wouldn't be enough.

19. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    ....did we watch the same OT? :confused: Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Jedi Masters live another life as ghosts after they die. :confused:
    For two decades he was the Emperor's slave and had no choice but to serve that absolute power. The original EU does a great job of showing how Vader questions the Emperor's methods as the Empire grows.

From my POV it seems that he finally acheives enlightenment by becoming a Force Ghost and it would be unlikely that he would be standing side by side with Yoda/Obi-Wan celebrating the Rebel victory if he still beleived in facism/dictatorship.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    He didn't say "Hey Luke, all my political views and my life philosophy have done an 180." His response was in Luke asking whether Vader would join him, a son asking his father to come with him. That's it.

21. LordTimCahill

LordTimCahill Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2015
    "Kylo you're ****ing everything up"

7starlight likes this.
  22. Shaak Ti

Dec 22, 2015
    He didn't say it, but it clearly wasn't a main goal anymore at the very least, And he certainly doesn't seem very happy with how things currently are, first expressing this in a wish to over take the emperor, and later in an attempt end his son's pain.

Darth Rhapsodyne likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I have no objections about Kylo being a bit of a fool about it. It would definitely fit his character to hate and despise Anakin Skywalker. But maybe it is more like you said.

I agree that Anakin appearing before him wouldn't influence him much.

Do you think ghosts eat? Have sex? Or do anything that changes the reality around them? They don't live normal lives.

That's bullcrap imo. He knew full well what he is doing. He objected to some of the methods but he was absolutely a fascist.

He manages to become a ghost but killing his master to save his son doesn't turn him into Jesus. Imo he probably only became a ghost because he was the Chosen One. To think that he is now pure good because the force somehow cleansed him of all evil strikes me as naive. He was never pure good in his entire life.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    No, he doesn't like the Emperor anymore but it doesn't mean he suddenly believes in democracy and whatnot. This is the same guy who as an adolescent said he'd like to see an absolute monarch on the throne.

Darth Archimage and Tanjint like this.
  25. Shaak Ti

Dec 22, 2015
    because he was directly viewing the greatest fall and failure of democracy ever, but then he watched a very big dictatorship didn't exactly fulfill his hopes and dreams. he said " if it works" not no matter what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.