main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

why doesnt luke ever talk about his mother???

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by skywalkerchic, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    That's true. She's a huge character in the Prequels, and then she just completly dissapears. In the EU Luke and other people talk about his father quite a bit, but his mother is mentioned like, twice. I was SO mad when nobody even mentioned her in Tatooine Ghost. Everyone else was mentioned except her. Obi-Wan, Shmi, Kitster, Wald, Watto, Qui-Gon, Beru, Owen, AND Sebulba, but not Padme. :mad:

2. sweetcaroline

sweetcaroline Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2004
    I always thought that he didn't ask 'cause his Uncle wouldn't answer his questions anyway so as he got older he just gave up asking.

3. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    That's Luke alright: if at first he doesn't succeed... he quits!

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It's probobly because he figures that Uncle Owen would probobly know a bit more about his brother (or step-brother as it is) than his sister-in-law.
    Also, just because we never saw him asking about it in ANH doesn't mean that Luke hadn't been bugging Owen about his parents for the past 18 years. Notice he doesn't ask until AFTER Owen says "He died about the same time as your father". Over the years it most likely became a taboo subject, therefor Luke doesn't bring it up unless someone else does first.

5. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Lightsabre: The focus has always been on AS.

Isn't that last word spelled with two S's?

Huh? AS=Anakin Skywalker.

Did anyone find an answer for this?

Just curious if it was ever covered in a novel or EU?

I have found no reference to "jedi groupie hoes" in the novelizations or the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.