Austin,TX Why doesn't Owen remember...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by neumera, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigChris Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry Jim, the consensus has already decided. Padme will live through Ep. III.

Big Chris
  2. DarthBarf Jedi Master

star 1
    anyone care to put their money where their mouth is? ;)
  3. Kimbote Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just to play a little Devil's Advocate here -

Remember that Lando Calrissian and the Millenium Falcon were to perish in the destruction of the second Death Star. It *is* George Lucas after all and he's proven that he can't kill off a main character. Jedi who die and come back as ghosts aren't killing off a character.

There was also a rumor of Natalie Portman signing an additional contract to shoot some footage for insertion into Episode 6.

Chew on those for a bit.
  4. Ripster Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is pretty close I think. I'd check ou thte script but I'm to lazy.

Owen walks up to 3-po
    "You, I suppose your designed for ettiquette and protocol?"
    "Protocol, why that's my primary function sir..."
    "I have no need for a protocol droid"
    "Of course not sir, not in an enviroment such as this, that is why I've been programed with secondary functions..."
    "What I need is a droid who can understand the bianary language of moisture vaporaters"
    "Vaporators?!? Why sir My something something job was programing bianary load lifters very similar to your vaporaters in most respects..."
    "Do you speak bocce?"
    "Why of course sir it's like a second langue to me--"
    "Alright I'll take this one."

Blah blah no mention of being called 3-p0 to owen. I know deep down that The reason is that ANH was made befre AOTC but I'd still like to try and explain discrepancies like this away.
  5. IG_88a Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi all from semi sunny Sydney Australia :D

Just reading through the posts, and had to add my two cents worth.

Padme, if she dies, dies at the end of Ep 3.

C3P0's origins have been changed by GL, originally he was owned by Wedge Antilles Mother and Father, GL then decided to change this to being built by Anakin. Most droids have a memory dump, Astromechs are supposed to have one every month, but certain Astromech droids don't, and therefor develop a personality. C3P0 might be a robot, he might have a huge brain (compared to humans) but when someone ages, 30 to 40 years, of course it will be hard to recognise the person. Do you all have perfect memories? atleast thats one logical explanation :)
    Also C3P0 might have had his memory completely erased by the Jedi Council in order to stop Anakin knowing certain information.
  6. Grendelbob Jedi Knight

star 1
    however, 3P0 did recognize Anakin as the "Maker" at their reunion on tattoine in Clones....hmmm....
  7. neumera Jedi Knight

star 2
    Shmi probably wanted his memories of Anakin in tact so that he could commiserate with her about her long lost boy. 3PO obviously gets a memory dump and I bet it's Obi-Wan that does it. If we see him and Yoda end up on Dagobah and Tattoine in E3, then I bet we'll see it happen, at least I hope so! :)
  8. DarthBarf Jedi Master

star 1
    Quote from starwars.com:

Fan: I've heard rumors that Natalie Portman has shot scenes that will be inserted in to some future release of Return of the Jedi. Is this true?

Rick M: What planet are you from? No. There would be no reason to do that.

BECAUSE SHE IS DEAD!!!!

9. BigChris Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, of course she will be dead, its ROTJ. She will die between Ep III and ANH.
  10. DarthBarf Jedi Master

star 1
    "So certain are you?"
  11. neumera Jedi Knight

star 2
    "She died when I was very young"
  12. DarthBarf Jedi Master

star 1
    VERY YOUNG . . . like 2 days old ;)
  13. Ripster Jedi Knight

star 1
    who says "She died when I was very young" ??
    Was it Luke or Leia??
    How would they know if she was hidden from them or something???

I think she should die in Ep3. a very horrible death that spurs Anakin on to the dark side. Maybe another jedi accidently kills her or a bad guy sets up the jedi to blame for her death and so he turns against them. or maybe he accidently kills her and becomes overome with anger and such that send him running faster to the Dark side
  14. neumera Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ah, but if she dies in EIII, then wouldn't Anakin know about the kids? I thought that he didn't know. OR maybe she has the kids in EIII already (it's set 3 years later) and Anakin knows and Amidala leaves him and takes the kids and this is what spurs him to the Dark Side. But, since he ends up in a lava pit he can't go looking for them. Woo, I LOVE speculation.
  15. Darth_Homer02 Jedi Knight

But wasn't it printed somewhere that Natalie Portman would be playing a pregnant Padme in EP III?

And as for the "She died when I was very young" line, that was Leia to Luke in ROTJ when Luke asked if Leia remembered her mother. And she does say to him that she remembers her mother being sad. So I would think that 2 days old would be a little too young for Leia to remember Padme, IMO.

And Anne, you're right about the speculation part. That is what makes the 3 yrs in btwn movies somewhat bearable.
  16. DarthBarf Jedi Master

star 1
    ok, let me thow this out there:

Anakin is out fighting the Clone Wars. He could be away from Padme for 3 years. Maybe Luke and Lei are honeymoon babies. Padme gives Luke to Owen at two weeks old because he keeps causing too much havok at home with his force powers (lifting and dropping his sister etc.) A few years in the desert might whip him into shape.
  17. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    *chuckles at Jim's response*

And dangling his whiney butt over the Sarlac pit wouldn't have hurt him either! *SEG*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.