main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why doesnt Qui-Gon ever try to contact Anakin?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by jimbostank, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbostank

jimbostank Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    Why wouldnt Qui-Gon ever try to contact Anakin or Vader? Since he was the one who believed in Anakin. Anakin may have still respected him.

Same with Obi-Wan? He could of played some serious mind games with Vader.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Anakin probably wasn't receptive considering that the only time we see Qui-Gon talking to someone after his death is when they're in deep meditation.

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I tend to believe that Qui-Gon never needed to communicate with Skywalker--it just wasn't necessary. Qui-Gon was initially the only one who truly believed in the boy as a part of the archaic prophecy, this faith probably continued even after the rise of Vader. At times inaction, a laissez-faire approach is the most efficient. Qui-Gon may just been waiting for Skywalker to fullfil his destiny and saw no logical reason to intervene.

-Seldon

4. mandragora

mandragora Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    What makes you so certain that he didn't? We heard him yelling "Anakin, nooo!" in AOTC. Perhaps he did contact Anakin later on - there's a very well written "journal of Darth Vader" on http://darthside.blogspot.com containing the idea that he did.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    He tried to contact Anakin, as we saw in AOTC. Anakin couldn't hear, but Yoda did.

A Force spirit can't just talk to anyone. That's why Yoda told Obi-wan that he would TEACH him how to talk with him. Yoda found it by accident in AOTC. And Luke somehow knew it too. Probably got something to do with listening to your midichlorians, which Qui-gon tells Anakin in TPM. The other Jedi are too absorbed in the galaxy to really listen.

6. MasterVodo

MasterVodo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    You're right. By the time Ben became one with the force, I think he may have perfected the tecnique so he could talk to Luke right away. Or it's simply the will of the force itself that allows Luke or Yoda or whoever to hear what they need to hear when they need to hear it (like "RUN LUKE RUN!").

7. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    We don't even know if Qui-Gon had made the attempt or not.

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Qui-gon did try to talk to Anakin in AOTC, but he didn't hear him. Yoda had figured out how to commune and he taught it to Obi-wan. Obi-wan taught it to Luke, without the boy ever knowing it. It's probably not that complex a method to teach and to quickly use.

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    He did make the attempt. In Ep.II He tries to get Anakin to stop killed the Tuskens.

10. darth_da

darth_da Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2005
    Anakin's mind was likely too troubled to be open enough to hear Qui-Gon.

11. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    That's exactly how I view it. From the looks of it, Qui-Gon had enough on his hand to just communicate fully with Yoda. There was no way he would've been able to navigate through the cloudy mess that's Anakin's mind.

12. whatisthybidding

whatisthybidding Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2006
    I think that Qui-Gon knew that Anakin's destiny was written in stone. Qui-Gon may have known that Anakin would have a child who would redeem him, and that would lead to the end of the Sith.

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    One cannot hear, if one is not listening. That is what Yoda comes to realize and passes on.

14. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I always thought that this ability to become one with the force and appear as a ghost was a light side thing. It may follow that being receptive to this is likewise.

15. DarthVaderBob

DarthVaderBob Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    I feel this topic is actually the result of "holes" in the story.
    It doesn't make sense that Anakin couldn't utilize this force ability, nor does it make sense that Qui-Gon would of only tried to contact him during the slaughter of the sand people.

Darth Vader DID meditate-often, that is what his chamber was used for on his Super Star Destroyer-I believe...

He was always searching for more power!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.