main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why don't Jedi need any training in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Saurion-Fett, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Rey is able to connect with the force and block Ren when he trys to pull imformation the masters the Jedi mind trick in two minutes.... then beats Ren in a force pull tug of war for lukes saber....then suddenly has mad saber skills defeating the already saber and force trained Kylo Ren.

My only guess is that she as trained when she was young and it is a repressed memory

2. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    Not to mention Finn. I'm sure they will explain it somehow.

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Finn had training with that force baton thing I'm sure. Hence why him and stormie were able to battle it out. Also makes sense why kylo owns his ass.

4. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    It seems that JJ has made training much less important.

This is the "new" Star Wars it appears. Much less emphasis on training. Unfortunately i'm not a fan of untrained force users defeating highly trained force users in a duel. In fact, I think it's downright silly.

5. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Rey has a"use the force moment" and proceeds to kick Rens arse.....SNoke then send Hux to rescue him to complete his training

6. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Rey may be able to get a pass, if she were trained at a young age, to some extent. We see toddlers with sabers in Episode 2. Finn probably had just enough skill and was trained in hand to hand.

Not too much of a stretch, but yeah, a bit if one.

7. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes, Rey defeating Kylo left me wondering as well. :rolleyes:

8. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
  9. sabo1990

sabo1990 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2015
    What is the point of rey even being trained by luke , she just defeated snooke most gifted apprentice.

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Who said she was going for training? If Rey is basically a walking goddess, she might be only going to get info on where to find Snoke.

11. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Well, given that prior to this film's events, 100% of the time the Jedi attempted a rigorous training method, the result was a bloody massacre, perhaps the point is being made that such a strategy is flawed and unnecessary.

Keep in mind as well that Rey has likely been using her abilities on Jakku for years without even knowing it. The success scavenging, the self defense skills, the ability to barter with water traders. You really think that the Force wasn't influencing those events, even if she wasn't aware of what it was?

Vohnkar, StarSeed1111, TX-20 and 5 others like this.
  12. Seeker Of The Whills

Jan 20, 2015
    Blah blah blah whining whining whining

13. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    The same way young Anakin can pod race when no other human can. Those strong in the Force can sometimes make connection unconsciously. That's why they can get really good at it. After all, someone had to be the first person to realize that there WAS such a thing as the Force and that they could do stuff with it.

14. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Bad writing to cover the hole named "Rey whooped Ren's ass". I know, there may be revelations in the second movie, like Rey's being trained by Luke already but lost her memories, but untill that didnt happen, id stick with bad writing. You cant dismiss that like nothing, because the training is essential for the Jedi. Its the large part of the lore, so you cant just say "Oh, lets forgive them for that".

15. Rebel Scum

Rebel Scum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 20, 1999
    To be honest if there's one bit of info from the movie I kinda feel the urge to nitpick about is this....

I mean I get she's special and the hero of the film but good storytelling requires our protagonist to go through a process of acquiring the skills....no matter how gifted they are.

It's not enough to ruin the movie for me but it does have the potential of being a flaw.

I'll have to wait and see.

16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yeah a very good question and I didn't see a reason why she or anyone else was still searching for Luke. He was pretty much not needed in this movie, so if Kylo is so weak and already defeated by Rey in this movie, I don't see any usage of Luke in the upcoming movies. I guess he will Luke stabbed/killed by kylo or anyone else early in VIII. [face_dunno]

JamesSkywalker and nalkwan like this.
  17. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001

It would be like Anakin beating Darth Maul after he finished his pod race.....she has no knowlege of the force then closes her eyes opens them and is able to defeat Kylo ren

18. Seeker Of The Whills

Jan 20, 2015
    This film has more holes than... anything with a lot of holes. It will get absolutely torn apart when we can all watch it on home video over and over again.

19. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    I guess the force does awaken, lol.

20. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    This was explained in the previous movies.

Ben specifically said the Force can partially control your actions, and obey your commands. All you have to do is let it in.

It's not a plot hole.

21. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

Well, I haven;t seen the movie yet, so I can't comment. But it's not like she isn't a capable fighter already. And she's a grown woman, not a 9-year-old kid

StarSeed1111, Skellybobs and Seeher like this.
  22. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001

Out of no where she tries a Jedi mind Trick......Never met a Jedi....then beats a trained darkside force user......why did yoda or ben train luke if the force could take care of it in ten minutes

23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Exactly! Why go through years of training if you can "just let it in"? That seems silly to me and quite frankly a bad message to the younger generation this aimed at. No reason to work hard and train kids, just let your natural abilities do EVERYTHING.

24. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001

And he is a six foot three trained force user who stops lazer bolts in mid air and holds then there...also pulls people across the room into his hand to choke them. Not to mention deflects blaster bolts....also it seems like it was rwn who whiped out lukes academy....no she is not nine but she sure as hell should not match a rained jedi or sith in a saber duel ler alone lick his arse

25. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    There is a difference between a talented beginner and trained master. But I think I will bow out of this argument until I actually see the movie and have something to base my opinion on.

Luke02 likes this.
  26. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

Oooo.... that last sentence.....

But like I said, gonna bow out of this one till I see the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.