main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why don't Owen and Beru recogize C-3PO

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedi-phish, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    you have to realize, that there are a lot of Protocol Droids in the Galaxy, so the chances of them recognizing C-3PO is a Million to 1.

it's like you memorizing the Serial Number of your 20 Dollar Bill, and you come across it again 20 years from now. would you remember it?

2. VyndAcharon

VyndAcharon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2006
    Don't be silly. Everyone knows Obi-wan's memory was wiped at the end of TPM). It was a condition of growing the beard.

3. SEPARATESICKLEROOK2

SEPARATESICKLEROOK2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    Plus, I dont believe that 3PO ever told Lars his name, he only answered the questions that he was asked. Also, 3PO was silver the last time Lars saw him, and I dont think Lars ever really sat down and got to know 3PO very well when he did have him before the Clone Wars broke out. He was always like "what do you do?" and then "Alright,alright, shut up." And even if 3PO had said "I am C3PO human-cyborg relations", I dont think Lars would have made the connection. How many Toyota Camry's do you personally distinguish from one another? Color and such maybe, but they are all the same model. Since all protocol droids practically act and look the same, I think the number designation has to do with their voice modulator. TC-13 is a female, the one on Bespin is an alien (Echuta!).

4. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Two words; gold plating.

Pshhaw.

(My Vintage Fett is flying away from this thread, satisfied that it saved the day again.)

5. morpha2

morpha2 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2005
    The wrong question is being asked. It's not as insulting to think that Lars wouldn't recognize 3PO as it is to be asked to believe that the same droid that Luke's father built would somehow, someday wind up back on the same farm to help Luke.

6. SEPARATESICKLEROOK2

SEPARATESICKLEROOK2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    We are dealing with the force here. It was not somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.