main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Why don't stores in NYC carry POTJ Figs?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2000
    I must say, when Ep1 came out, the stores were overflowing w/ stuff. Now, the only new stuff I've seen were a couple of 12"s like the dewback, Naboo Escape Amidala and biker scout in KB, Target and Toys R Us, but they were in very limited quanities. I have yet to see a new figure on a peg!!

If anyone in the 5 boroughs knows a store that sells newer stuff, please let me know...

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    When last I went to FAO Schwartz they had a ton of POTJ figs for 9.99, but that was before the Holiday rush. I would be hesitant to go there now though. Also I went to Forbidden Planet by Union Square, they also had some Figs for 9.99 No telling what they have now with Holiday buying happening. I still blame the scalpers. I have witnessed them first hand. I saw one guy buying tons of figs, then a week or so after I saw him seeling at a toy show.

3. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

Oct 17, 2000
    I guess Ebay has made me lazy. LOL. The 2 Toys R Us' in The Bronx are terrible, so I end up bidding on them. Fortunately, I haven't spent over 15 bucks for a figure yet.

4. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I just bought my first SW figs in MONTHS, since May I think. I happened to go into the TRU near 34th Street in Manhatten and found for 1.97 2 figs that I never found for a reasonable price before. I found Darth Sidious Hologram and a Naboo Royal guard, they had a bunch more and other figs too if you are interested

5. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

Oct 17, 2000
    i heard about them holo sideous'!! i paid 25 bucks at Brians Toys when they came out!! u can imagine how heated i am to here there goin for 2 bucks!! grrrrr....lol

i just scored a Bonta Eve Sepulba through Eaby for 10 bucks, its pretty cool. =)

6. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I think I got something off of ebay from Brian's Toys, it was Admiral Motti for 8 bucks, not too bad considering I have not seen it for less. The most I paid for a figure is $12 or was it $15 for removable Helmet vader at Big Apple con, paid $10 of for quite a bunch of them.

Do you collect the 12" Figures?

7. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

Oct 17, 2000
    cool, i got a couple of Motties, cause i ordered the case his wave came in.

12" HEEEEEL YEAH!!

i got that Qui-Gonn/Amidala "Defense of Naboo" 2 pack not to long ago from Ent. Earth!!

and just pre-odered the Bossk,IG-88,4-LOM 12" set from http://www.planetactionfigure.com/starwars.php3

i beleive there calling it the "legacy assortment"

8. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I passed on the Defense of Naboo, I would still like it someday. I did buy from the Fan clun the Valorum and Senate guard, I love them.

I want those Bounty hunter bad, I will check out that site, Thanks Darth Mal

9. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Darth Mal, have you ordered from that site you psoted before, if so how did everything turn out, I went there and saw sowm thngs I really want

Thanks

10. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

Oct 17, 2000
    Nah, that was the 1st time I ordered, and my order hasnt appeared on my credit card statement yet.

I also pre-ordered that Sith Lord 12" from

EBWorld.com

I got that Valorum 2 pack too, its awesome!!!

11. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I did make an order from that site, I ordered 12" Sebulba and Boss Nass for 16.99 Not Mint, I open them anyway. Lets see how it goes. I have also been going ebay crazy today, I won 3 auctions so far today. Escape from Naboo for 33 including shipping and Dagobah Vader and Old Ben for 6.99 + Shipping.

I stayed away from collecting for a while, I am back

12. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

Oct 17, 2000
    cool...so far the only POTJ fig. i dont have in my hands yet is the Fode & Beed, but i won it for like 15 bucks and it should come in the mail anyday now

that 12" Sebulba is AWESOME!! the Nass aint too shabby either.

13. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I am half way there with the POTJ figures, won 7 on ebay and founds 6 at etoys.

14. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

Oct 17, 2000
    i just got the 3 Bounty Hunter 12"ers(4-LOM,Bossk,IG-88) from that site i posted and they gotta be the WORST 12" dolls ive seen yet!! ugh!! they're horrible!!

15. madmax

madmax Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    I've checked out a Toys 'am Us over in Whitestone, they had a slew of figs for TPM. In Flushing you can get Galoob vehicles for the OT about 7 bucks, marked down from $12.00

Honestly, I dont have the patience anymore, I just order directly from the fanclub.

Here's x amount of dollars, just send it to my house :)

16. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    Don't know if anyone cares, but I just snagged the Queen's ship for 50 bucks at an LI Toys R Us, plus the 300th Boba and the Coruscant guard. All 3 were like the absolute last decent SW stuff in the store but maybe it's a good sign that more good things will be reaching TRUs shortly? I sure hope, I mean it IS a new year and all....

17. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

Oct 17, 2000
    I got the 300th Fett off ebay for 20 bucks!! it's the japanese packaging though. I hear Brians Toys has the US packaging for 15 bucks!!

18. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    hey all.

echo, here- long time TFN board member, long time NYC resident, and recent visitor to the NYC fan force section.

i'm also a recovering star wars collector (except... well, i'm still using ;) )

but as to the topic at hand: i think if you asked around, you'd find that many stores arent carrying the new POTJ figures that much. the big ones are still trying to get rid of their over stock of ep1 toys and wont order more until they do. some are just waitng until more come out because they keep getting sent the same stuff. that said, there are places to find them.

we all know FAO. hit or miss, in my experiece. and very pricey. call ahead, is my advice. they do hold stuff for you.

personally, i havent gotten a sw figure at Toys R Us since i waited on line that night they all came out in '99. they would get some new ones in from time to time, but "scalpers" would hoard them all as soon as the store opened that morning. its really a matter of chance there.

next stop is Jim Hanley's Universe. it's on 33rd bt broadway and... 5th? whatever avenue is next going east. it's a comic shop and they have SW stuff from time to time. apparently i "just missed" the POTJ assortment. alas.

then there's Cosmic Comics on 23rd near 5th ave. i only mention it because they do carry SW figs, but nothing new for a long time. honestly, i've stopped looking there.

i'm sure we all know about Forbidden Planet. this is really where i get most of my SW figs from. their prices have gotten better with all the over stock and they are usually the first to get the new ones in. they sell out fast, tho. its best to make friends there. i've been buying there for about 15 years.

St Marks Comics on.. well, St. Marks place (8th bt. 2nd and 3rd) is another good place to find star wars items. usually a terrific selection, but sometimes a little behind on getting the new stuff.

Love Saves the Day at 119 2nd avenue- around 4th street, i think, but i always forget. south of 8th anyway. a kitch store with lotsa old toys including vintage star wars items. they also carry new stuff, but they are really overpriced.

then there's Village Postal, a postal supply shop that is owned by a star wars enthusiast. basicly they sell stationary and star wars figures (only in NY!). its on 11th St and 1st ave. really good selection and decent prices.

then there are 2 places in brooklyn that i go to everyonce in a while. one is on 9th st and 5th ave and the other is on 8th st and 7th ave. both are comic shops and both have had the POTJ figs. the one on 7th ave says he wont be getting new ones in for a while, until there's more to order. the one on 5th ave says he'll be getting more in about a month.

so those are the stores in and around the city that seem to be the best place to find your new POTJ toys.

so maybe you can tell me- what are the best places On-Line (besides E-Bay) to find stuff?

thanks.

Echo.

19. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey Echo, thanks and welcome to the Forum

I stopped by the TRU on 33rd and B'way today and they had the 12" Sith 2 pack. They had pleanty and at $43.99 I was in no rush to get it. There is a comic store I go to on East 40th between Park and Lex, they had some POTJ figs, but as much as I want the Biker Scout, I did not want to pay $15 for it.

Best places online besides ebay in my opinion:

Entertainment Earth, though you have to buy by the case. I have a few times and sold the rest on ebay.

I got lucky at etoys recently and got a few POTJ for $5.99, but they are going out of business. They are worth checking now and then.

20. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

Oct 17, 2000
    i grabbed a 12" Sith Lord 2 pack at Toys R Us in Flushing Queens recentely...i cant wait for the price to drop so i can buy one to open!! =)

21. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    hello again.

i forgot to mention one place. i had only been there once before and it was very cool. i went again last night and they *every* new POTJ action figure, including the new 300th edition boba fett.

it's called "Toy Tokyo" and its right above Love Saves the Day on 2nd ave and 7th street.

the prices are a little higher, but no more than your average comic store.

they have tons of cool stuff. check it out.

22. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

Oct 17, 2000
    Echo, I am forever in ur debt!! thanks for the info!! =)

23. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    no problem.

let me know how you make out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.