main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why dont we see this kind of jedi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jedi-Hustler, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Hustler

Jedi-Hustler Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2002
    Why dont we ever see Jedi in the movies that use their powers and skills for fun. Of course they would be expelled from the Jedi order but that doesnt mean they went to the darkside or anything. Like they could use their powers to get free drinks at the night club and mess with people by force pushing them. Come on now you know there are acouple Jedi out there that have to be like that.

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    that would defiantly be interesting. i think that Obi-wan was having fun in the bar when he told the guy to go home and rethink his life.

3. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    hmm maybe Qui Gon and Dooku.. I can definately imagine those guys making one heckuva mess at a bar..their pretty nuts! ;) :D

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm sure Qui-Gon loved wet tee-shirt parties.

5. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    I can imagine it now...
    QuiGon- You will sell me deathsticks.

lmao!
    :D

6. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Obi in the bar is a good example of a jedi using his powers for fun.

How about ani floating fruit around?

I think jedi use their powers for fun all the time.

7. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    don't forget about anakin showing off at padme's family home during dinner...floating a peach/fruit away from her, slicing it and then sending back a slice.

8. ob1rox

ob1rox Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2002
    what would be really cool would be if you had the jedi powers but didn't have to follow the jedi code. i guess technically, though, you could follow the code and still use the force for fun. i think they do that, george lucas just doesn't know about it.

question: why does yoda need a cane to walk? he has the force! or maybe its supposed to show his wiseness.

9. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    maybe we have seen this......
    Have you ever seen OB1 actually pay for a drink??

The guy is in 3 movies (as a real person) and he's already been in a bar in two of those. Think he has a problem!

Levitating stuff would be handy when the wife drags me to the Mall. Driving around looking for parking spots stinks. With Jedi powers, this would end.

Gotta go.....i gotta start studying Jedi powers!

10. annie_skywalker001

annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Driving around looking for parking spots stinks. With Jedi powers, this would end.

Absolutely!

11. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    When you learn this power, will you teach it to me? I'll be getting married in a few months and that would come in handy. :D

12. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    The guy is in 3 movies (as a real person) and he's already been in a bar in two of those. Think he has a problem!

not only that i think he has a problem with cutting peoples arms off.... he's done it both times we have seen him in a bar.

13. JediMasterEllic_Kier

Nov 17, 2002
    Could be a direct effect of the "Jawa Juice". Dex should do an intervention. He's got a couple of arms to lose.

No prob Southern Jedi. Hope the marriage goes well! Maybe I will start a "Usefull Jedi Skills School"
    Classes:
    How to go REALLY fast and convince the officer that you were really doing 55.

How to convince the teller at your bank that the $1 bill you are handing her is REALLY a $1BILLION dollar bill.

How to grab a beer from the fridge during the game and not move an inch.

And all sorts of tricks with women (I wont list because the boards are "PG")

14. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Anakin cutting the fruit is definitely for fun.

15. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Of course, don't forget Kit Fisto's grin after he took out that droid in Ep II. The rest of the fight wasn't much in the way of fun, but he obviously enjoyed using the Force Push so effectively.

Hmmmm... Force Push... elevators and subway trains... There's potential here!

16. Jedi-Hustler

Dec 4, 2002
    yeah but anakin with the fruit is not so much fun but just trying to show off. Kit Fisto just seems way to happy during the fight, maybe he was abusing his powers at a hash house before the fight? hehe well anyway i wish i could levitate things, control minds, and well i guess thats all the fun stuff they can do hehe.

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    JediMasterEllic_Kier would you mind if we had some of these classes to0? You know like:

How to convince the sales clerk that the 100 dollar sweater is on sale for a dollar.

What to do when the guy turns out to be a creep.

Babysitting the Jedi Way

What to do when you forget your homework (aka No more "My dog ate my homework")

How to make the school sports games fun!

just some suggestions....

18. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    here's why:

If Master Kenobi caught me doing this he would be very angry

It's against their code. The Jedi are very disciplined. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Jedi-Hustler

Dec 4, 2002
    Come on now...there are alot of human jedi. And because their human they got urges!!!

No doubt there are some Jedi that say F the code I'll do what i want! within reason...

20. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Probably...

21. JediMasterEllic_Kier

Nov 17, 2002
    "JediMasterEllic_Kier would you mind if we had some of these classes to0? You know like:"

I apologize for leaving the women out. Seeing some of the guys you have to deal with when you go out, these classes would be EXTREMELY usefull. We will absolutly have those classes.

The Jedi are taught from a very young age the ways to use their powers. It would be hard to go against years of training, and start being selfish with your powers. I'm sure some would, but I think it would be such a small number that no one would really notice. I sure the Council would take that Jedi to task as well. Not sure what the Council does to punish rule breakers. They can't kick everyone out for breaking minor rules.

EDIT: Remeber QGJ did try this sort of thing..First with the Credits ("republic credits WILL be fine") then again with the chance cube. Those weren't exactly things we'd seen Jedi do before. Granted, the ends justified the means, but he did take quite a lot of liberty with the chance cube to free Anakin. That was a personal thing to QGJ.

22. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    If Master Kenobi caught me doing this he would be very angry

It's against their code. The Jedi are very disciplined

It all comes back to the same theory I've had since I was a kid......

Jedi are NOT allowed to have ANY SENSE OF HUMOR WHATSOEVER!!!

That's why they took out Luke "You're lucky you don't taste very good" line in ESB, that's why Qui-Gon gives Obi-Wan such a dirty look after his "short negotiations" line in TPM and THAT'S why the enitre Jedi Councils is such a grim looking bunch!!!!

23. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I like the Obi-Wan arm chopping thing. LOL :D

hhhmmmm imagine all the things a 15 year old could get up to :D :D

24. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I can imagine it now...
    QuiGon- You will sell me deathsticks.

Qui-Gon Jinn would never do that!

.... he would say "You will give me your death sticks."