main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why Episode III sucked.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Feelicks, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Unlike TPM and AOTC, it takes a lot more "stretching" to say ROTS sucks. In fact the public in general likes the film a lot, and on rotten tomatoes it is rated higher than ROTJ.

That being said NONE of the star wars films suck. ROTS is my favorite, but I treasure the prequels and the originals together with pride. A glorious saga.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not bothering with the link. I'm sure you have an opinion of your own that you can explain for us, and you don't need RLM to speak for you.

I hated ROTS after the first 45 minutes, to the point where I refuse to watch it. I have only seen the movie after the ruminations scene one time.

I thought having Anakin kill the younglings and choke Padme was monumentally stupid and not necessary to prove that he had turned to the Dark Side, at least if we're dealing with an audience that is smart enough to know that attacking adult Jedi in the Temple is pretty damn evil--and I do give the audience that much credit. And "I'm doing all this to save my wife, but let me choke her myself!" is nearly as stupid as the Mortis scene in which Anakin believes the Son when the Son tells him that he must turn to the Dark Side in order to save himself from a vision he saw of himself turning to the Dark Side.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I doubt he really cared about Padmé after the 45 minute mark. She was merely an excuse to indulge in his incessant lust for power and control. He may have told himself he killed for love, but in truth it was all a lie. It's much easier to murder for a good cause, even if the cause itself is a lie. That's why I wouldn't say he is stupid for murdering Jedi children. He got what in his heart he wanted. Power. A lot of power.

To be honest, I'm not even sure he ever wanted to get kids. When she tells him about her pregnancy, he seems ... terrified. Not happy, terrified. Then he smiles but it comes off extremely wrong, at least to me.

In Mortis Anakin seems to fall because he is confronted with the dark in him and that breaks him. Or at least that's how I remember interpreting the whole deal. May have to watch the episodes again. I liked them anyway.

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Not another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sure he was, but I saw that scene differently; I saw him as happy as well.

As far as Mortis...my bottom three TCW episodes. I don't believe in destiny and I think the Chosen One prophecy is a load of bunk, and that's all those episodes focused on.

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Already got a thread about RLM...locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.