main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

NYC, NY Why Everyone Should Own "Daredevil" On DVD

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BobaFettWBlasterRifle, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    * The documentary on disc 2 tracing the history of the character through the anecdotes of most of the important writers and artists is fascinating, and very thorough. It's a microcosmic history of modern comics, and the best documentary I've ever seen about the comic book industry.

* All kinds of behind-the-scenes footage of Jenny Garner swinging those sai blades around.

* Somehow the digital fx look slightly more convincing on a small screen than they did on a big screen.

* Cheesy Evanescence video--forever digitally enshrined in your collection.

2. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    I have the best reason though Jennifer Garner in tight leather thats the reason lol

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    worst. movie. ever.

4. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    doesn't Gigli take that title? or worse yet, Crossroads?

mind you, I've seen neithier, but simply on principal....

5. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I think Gigli now has that honor

6. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    It can't be worse than [link=http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0117550/]Santa With Muscles.[/link]

7. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Hrm. Two Ben Affleck movies on "Worst Movie Ever" list.

I haven't seen Gigli, but I'm only going by what I've seen. Daredevil was god awful.

8. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    Okay, so the movie wasn't "Batman" or "X-Men" or "Spider-Man" or "Superman", but it was better than "Hulk", and a shade above "The Flash" (starring Mark Hamill!).

Affleck was also in "Pearl Harbor", "Armageddon", "Forces of Nature", "Bounce", and "Phantoms". But a writing Oscar and a tradition of self-lampooning in Kevin Smith flicks makes up for it all.

That said, I own all five films mentioned in the last paragraph. (Hangs head in shame) Along with "Reindeer Games".

I like the Daredevil DVD ads they're running in Marvel & DC books the past few months--tight, nicely focused shot of Jennifer Garner in leather with the headline "Buy the DVD and STARE ALL YOU WANT". If they don't have the fanboy psyche nailed.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.