main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Why Everyone Should Own "Daredevil" On DVD

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BobaFettWBlasterRifle, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    * The documentary on disc 2 tracing the history of the character through the anecdotes of most of the important writers and artists is fascinating, and very thorough. It's a microcosmic history of modern comics, and the best documentary I've ever seen about the comic book industry.

* All kinds of behind-the-scenes footage of Jenny Garner swinging those sai blades around.

* Somehow the digital fx look slightly more convincing on a small screen than they did on a big screen.

* Cheesy Evanescence video--forever digitally enshrined in your collection.

2. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    I have the best reason though Jennifer Garner in tight leather thats the reason lol

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    worst. movie. ever.

4. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    doesn't Gigli take that title? or worse yet, Crossroads?

mind you, I've seen neithier, but simply on principal....

5. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I think Gigli now has that honor

6. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
  7. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Hrm. Two Ben Affleck movies on "Worst Movie Ever" list.

I haven't seen Gigli, but I'm only going by what I've seen. Daredevil was god awful.

8. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    Okay, so the movie wasn't "Batman" or "X-Men" or "Spider-Man" or "Superman", but it was better than "Hulk", and a shade above "The Flash" (starring Mark Hamill!).

Affleck was also in "Pearl Harbor", "Armageddon", "Forces of Nature", "Bounce", and "Phantoms". But a writing Oscar and a tradition of self-lampooning in Kevin Smith flicks makes up for it all.

That said, I own all five films mentioned in the last paragraph. (Hangs head in shame) Along with "Reindeer Games".

I like the Daredevil DVD ads they're running in Marvel & DC books the past few months--tight, nicely focused shot of Jennifer Garner in leather with the headline "Buy the DVD and STARE ALL YOU WANT". If they don't have the fanboy psyche nailed.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.