main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Why Fanforce?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by micdavis, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I asked MaraJadeFan why we needed the FanForce boards if Garrison Titan and Alpha Base have things covered.

Here was her answer. Please take into account she was very instrumental in getting the San Diego club up and going and her methods and efforts are a major reason the SDSWS thrives the way it does.

Quote:

The fanforce boards need to be used because:

1)If you don't have/use the fanforce board you will not be an official chapter of Fanforce. There are requirements that you have to use the board a certain percentage.

2)It isn't a big deal to duplicate posts about meetings/events on the fanforce board, copy/pasting takes less than a minute.

3)The fanforce board is a big recruiting tool. A great percentage of our membership found us on the fanforce board. In fact MOST of our good long time members found us through fanforce - Brendan, Me, James, Donna, Brian, etc. etc.

4) Fanforce is not about costuming, so the fanforce board is going to attract those not into costuming, who want to discuss gaming, the movies or tv series themselves, collecting, or any other number of issues related to Star Wars fandom.

5) Personally, I think it is fun to meet fans in other fanforce chapters, and have a sister fanforce chapter that you can get to know and hopefully do some events with. Your sister fanforce chapter should not be so close that you will see them all the time, instead it should be a group farther away, but not so far away that you will never be able to see them. Like our sister fanforce chapter is a 12-16 hour drive away.

6)Starting the fanforce chapter and watching it grow over the past 4 years has brought me a lot of personal satisfaction. I've met a lot of great people through fanforce. By not fully utilizing the fanforce board, your group will be seriously missing out on recruiting a lot of great people, and having a lot of fun. If you aren't actively recruiting, the board is going to stagnate. Make sure you inform the CR of all meetings /events so he can post them on the main page of TFN.

Perhpas you should ask Rocky Mountain Fanforce (Denver). Their fanforce is the largest, and all of the 501st/Rebel Legion members belong to their fanforce. Check their boards, hundreds and hundreds of posts per day.

2. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Yeah, I agree with all of the reasons. It is a nice place to just hang out anyways.
    That is why I was thinking, when we make our website, we can leave off the forums and just make it for news, updates, and pictures--and of course a link to these boards. We can use here for discussion. :)

We are not the biggest or anything, so I doubt we'll do the 200+ posts a day, but what we have rocks, so I am not complaining. :D

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    That's exactly what we use our website for ;)

4. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    While I'm far more interested in costuming than anything else, I agree that the FF is needed for those fans who aren't into costuming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.