main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Why FOX Sucks/ 60 Minutes/ Article

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    lots of stuff going through my mind here...

1. FOX (Channel 11) SUCKS SUCKS! First of all, they used to show the trailer in the middle or toward the end. Here, they showed it at the end. So I had to painfully sit through the entire OC. Also, if you DVR or TiVo it, you lost the last 20 seconds. Thats because it went past 10 PM, into the New hour. So I got only 85% recorded. Those dummies.

2. I am sure you all know, Sunday, 7 PM, 60 minutes with Lucas. If you see the advertsiement, they show the start of the lightsaber fight. After rewinding it, It was incredible. Wholly S&^t! It was awesome. They may have some spoilers as GL gives a preview of the movie. I am not going to say how the fight starts, but the visual was incredible. Can't wait to see 60 mintues.

3. Article about the movie, I think from CNN.
    ROTS

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    You beat me to it DB, I was going to mention the 60 Minutes piece.

I recorded the trailer the ol' fashion way with my vcr. I didn't set a timer because I feared it would run over and get cut off. I didn't sit through the OC either. I watched Survivor, but kept flipping back and forth, just to see.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I endured the entire episode which was just silly, though I did like the way it was introduced. I also recorded it on my VCR. I actually recorded the whole episode so I would not miss it. I also did not use a timer for the reason D-B mentioned. I guess the up side of watching the show was I finally understood Ralph's update on the OC.

4. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    reminder, 60 Minutes tonight!! Wouldn't miss it for the world. SPoiler Phobes, be warned. Lucas's only 60 minutes appearance I think.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I caught part of it. My brother, who knows of my obsession but will have no part in it, called to let me know it was going on. It was fairly interesting. How long was George's portion?

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    The interview was ok, it really didn't show any part of the movie I haven't seen already. Every clip was from the teaser or actual trailer. There was that one shot with GG, but it wasn't complete so you couldn't see much.

7. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Uh, earth to Skyryder... what about this scene...

When Anakin and Obi Wan are fighting, they both take their lightsabers and twirl them over their heads, and around their back, like 10-15 times, then start fighting. That was awesome. I rewound it 5-6 times.

ALso, liked the scene where The Emperor fights Yoda, and shoots some huge disc his way...

Cool cool. The interview was good/average.

8. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Yeah they did show some new/differnet stuff that wasn't in the trailer....
    But did anyone else notice that we get to see our favorite little mouse droid roaming the hallways again?

Yeah that twirly-twirl part with the sabers is cool yet weird.

WOW! did you guys hear when lucas so casually answered the question of "How much did you pay for this?" refering to the Presidio bought by and for Lucasfilm Corp.
    $350 million dollars!!!!

9. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    thats almost how much I spend on Beer, Scotch and Sushi annually.

What will he do with Skywalker ranch?

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, yeah that part was new DB and I did watch it a few times myself.

11. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    DB -
    Those aren't huge disks that Palps shoots at Yoda...those are Senate Pods he tossing around!!!

He's gonna keep skywalker ranch as his little humble home but the working part he's gonna shift to the Presidio.

12. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I thought that was the case. Had to watch it on DVR at 1/16th the speed to see the details.

Whats with his face being so different when he is evil? I hope they explain it. Also, I love how his voice sounds so evil, when talking to Anakin.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Since I am too lame to black things out myself, I will merely say to D-B's statement, I hope so too.

14. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I think the face is like when
    You know how your face changes when you get really horny, and just go at it. Its like that.

15. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Wait, what is he trying to do to Yoda?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.