Why I hate the Mesquite 30 Theater by Loudox

Discussion in 'Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX' started by Loudox, Jul 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loudox Jedi Padawan

I have often avoided the Mesquite 30 theater for many reasons and I always prefer to go to the Galaxy. Unfortuantely, I wanted to see A.I. last night and it was not showing at the Galaxy. The Mesquite 30 was the next closest satdium seating around and my wife and I opted to go there. I AM STUPID to think anyone can enjoy a movie there. Maybe it was the constant cell phones going off or maybe it was the 3 month old infant sitting a few rows over screaming its head off. No, I think it was the people talking and laughing during the movie at full volume as if anyone cared what they had to say. The majority of the people I saw there were only there to socialize and hang-out. Thats fine with me in the lobby but don't bring your party into the screening areas.

NO CHILDREN UNDER 3 SHOULD BE ALLOWED IN A THEATER!! I actually saw some woman struggling to get a stroller up the stadium seating. HOLY COW! There was a woman holding a newborn next to me during PEARL HARBOR (too loud of a movie for a newborn), NO NO NO NO NO.

Ok, I will get off my soapbox

2. jedimiss Jedi Knight

I agree with you! Finally someone speaks up!!! I hate that theatre with a passion. It has turned into the local teen hang out. It's always crowded and full of idiots that talk during every movie I have seen there.

I prefer the little small theatres that are left in Dallas. Like the North Star 8 on Shiloh and Beltline. It's right by my house and not full of people.
  3. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Master

star 4
    So, I guess you hated it? ;)

I hate it when people talk during the movie too. It's horrable.
  4. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Amen!

Seriously, audiences are getting worse and worse as time passes. I'm at the point now where I'm seriously tempted to just watch things when they get to dvd. I'm a movie geek, so I know it's an empty threat, but damn, I am tempted.
    There's absolutely no respect or consideration for anyone else at movies now. Like you guys said, it's become a social event. And heaven forbid someone actually wants to go to see the movie. Apparently, that's not what theaters are used for now.

Let's list it---almost fifteen minutes of annoyingly horrible commercials BEFORE the trailers even start. Everyone feeling like they can talk, laugh, stomp their feet, and throw things even during quiet parts of a film. Children too young to be there that either just cry or loudly ask questions to their parents that don't have the decency to tell their kids that they're being rude.

And that's if the twelve year old in the booth actually set up the sound right, put the movie in scope and focus, and bothered to turn the lights down.

Give me DVD in my living room anyday.
  5. Marababe Jedi Knight

star 1
  6. THX_Jedi FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thats the reason why I usually buy an extra box of milk duds. Ammo to peg annoying people in the head with.

[face_devil]
  7. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    Same reasons I no longer go to the Grand...one or two unruly pests can be "nicely" convinced to behave, but when it's you against a crowd of rude pop-culture morons, best just to leave the lemmings alone....
  8. RayParkFan Jedi Padawan

hey now...no need to be so rough on 30....true it has a lot of kids hanging out..but 30 is cracking down on the delinquents....thus this will make your movie better...and ushers walk into a movie at least 3 times to make sure quality control is maintained. and now i work over there in management..i will try to keep up the greatness movies should have.

9. DarthRain Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm in agreement with ya old friend.I just spent the better part of my day there with the wife and kid and everything was fine.

Fortunately nobody prevented us from sneaking into 'Tomb Raider' after we had watched 'Cats & Dogs'.
  10. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heh. Chad, I would call it very unfortunate that nobody stopped you. ;) Friends don't let friends see Tomb Raider.
  11. Loudox Jedi Padawan

Well Aaron, since you are a manager now at Mesquite 30 I am willing to give it a another chance. Perhaps with your executive powers you could score me 2 tickets to replace the ones I wasted seeing A.I. there last weekend. I think I could convince my wife to go back under those circumstances. Thanks!
  12. Genetic_Misfire Jedi Knight

star 1
    Unless you go to the AMC 30 during a weekday early, you're not in for a good time. I don't care if Vader himself is managing the place. As much as one might try, you can't bar the retards from ruining a movie. Also, unless you have an employee stationed in each auditorium during an entire film, you won't stop stupid kids from barking. I'll stick to the Galaxy thank you very much. If the Galaxy doesn't have the film I want to see, Keystone Park or the Legacy will.

James
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.