main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Why I left Starwalking ?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jedi_ghost, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_ghost

jedi_ghost Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2002
    To all you potentials out there, these are the reasons why I left STARWALKING.
    The club's run by a small clique of people. The rest of the membership have no say whatsoever in how things are run, and no chance of being elected to the central committee.
    They use the club as a junket mechanism for their own social activities, which includes inter state and overseas travel at the membership's expense. Eg, Dag's and other member's trip to Skywalker ranch in 1993.
    Darth Vader's and his wife's frequent trips to NSW and QLD.

H Gibbens's and Becky Tully-Gibbens's frequent trips to NSW and QLD.

Who authorises these trips ? Is this supposed to be a charity ? Very little charity appears to reach the charities.

The Christmas parties, and other food events, where the central committee enjoys far better quality food than everyone else. I saw Cameron Smith, Henry Gibbens, Becky Tully-Gibbens, Chris Brennan, Laura Brennan, Darren (Dags) Maxwell, Emily Martin, Marita tuck into beautiful food. We had to watch what they ate. The rest of us had to have food that was bad enough to cause food poisoning. At $25 a head, this is the most expensive roast I've ever eaten. The food tasted stale and past its use by date.

I left when I saw the disgraceful treatment of the previous director Shane Morrissey. He is not the only one who has been mistreated at this club. The entire old STARWALKING board has since left in disgust.

Everyone should boycott these meetings. They are not held in the true spirit of Star Wars.

2. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    We appreciate your sentiment...but if all you've come here for is to flame certain members of this board, there were certainly other ways to go about it.

3. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Um, I'm going to put in plainly:

piss off and go and have a whinge in the dark corners of your room instead of naming names and defaming Starwalking.

Really, really not appropriate.

4. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    The New Agers also say to take your negative talk elsewhere!

5. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    This isn't the appropriate place for this, I'm afraid. If you want to talk about it further PM me, but a thread like this isn't going to help anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.