O.C, CA Why I love OCFF so much...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by darth_avery, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    i know i havent been here in a while but i have to say that this community of SW geeks puts all other onlin societies to shame.
    i love OCFF and everyone in it...i just felt like i needed to show my appreciation for u guys! ur the greatest Star wars friends i have...um, yeah!

-Lilja
  2. starwars6554 Jedi Master

star 6
    :eek:

Even me Lilja? :p

;)

[EDIT]I just realized that you haven't gone to any of the meetings since Zack and I joined. :( ?[face_plain]
  3. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    D_A we miss you! Hopefully you can come to the next meeting. We are also having our 1yr anniversary dinner this Saturday the 23rd of Aug. Let me know if you would like to join us.
  4. starwars6554 Jedi Master

star 6
    Come Lilja...you know you want to. ;) :p
  5. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yes, DA... all the OCFF/OCSWS members are just awesome! :D
  6. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hey DA, we miss you too. please come back when you can. are you going to the john williams concert? if you want to go PM barry about tickets. hope to see you soon.

zhi-don
  7. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Actually D_A if you weren't on the list and were not at the last meeting. We won't be able to get tickets for the concert. I'm sorry, but it's pretty much sold out and at this time we don't have anymore extras.
  8. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    i TOTALLY want to come to dinner with you guys. when and where? i have to now because it might conflict with my soccer tournament. but i'll try REALLY hard to be there! i miss you guys too...and collin, in some distorted way, yes, you too...:)!
    i'll tell my parents how important this dinner is the me and force them to let me go because it's my birthday tomorrow! yay! i'm 16! :p i really want to be active in this society again but lately i've been really busy with soccer and transfering high schools and registering for college classes at OCC...plus my sister and family is moving in with us because she sold her house and escro closes before she can move into her new one...and BLAH BLAH BLAH! it's sooooooooo hectic!i don't think i can go to the john williams concert but i'll ask my parents anyway...they'll say no but i'll still ask.

-Lilja
  9. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i've been really busy with soccer and transfering high schools and registering for college classes at OCC

Registering for college classes at 16? Dang girl, slow down a bit. Enjoy high school while it lasts. Don't be in such a rush to grow up. Being an adult sucks ya know.
  10. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    D_A

Go here for info on the dinner. Then PM me if you will be at the dinner as I need to know for the restuarant staff.

http://www.ocstarwars.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=212

11. starwars6554 Jedi Master

star 6
    and collin, in some distorted way, yes, you too...:)!

Oh, yay! :p
  12. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    guys! it's your ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! i posted this thread so you we could all give ourselves a online "group hug" kind of thing...so y do you guys love OCFF???????!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love OCFF because I have made alot of friends since I joined the group. Everyone is just like a family and we all get along. I have had some great fan experiences that I wouldn't have had if it wasn't for OCSWS.
  14. BucketHead8723 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I love the OCSWS because they are the only people that I can talk SW and any other sci-fi topic with, which is pretty much all I ever feel like talking about, and not feel uncomfortable. I have met a lotta' great friends in the group. It gives me an excuse to sit at my computer all day. I remember the first time I went to a meeting. This is gonna' sound crazy, but when I first saw everyone I felt like you guys were all a buncha' celebrities or something, and I was a big fan that had been let backstage. I was used to seeing everyones' picture on the internet, and it was weird finally meeting everyone face to face.

:)
    yup
  15. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    You forgot that you get to drive the van! :D

That will be funny to me forever
  16. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love OCFF for several reasons.

1) Met a lot of great people.
    2) I now have people to talk about the novels with! I don't think I would've ever continued to read the NJO series if I didn't have someone to talk about it with. I may be WAY behind, but I'm reading them as fast as I can in order to catch up.
    3) I can talk about Star Wars with you guys and when you say ok they aren't just saying it, you're not just saying it (like my mom or fiance), you actually know what I'm talking about and can give your input on the matter.
  17. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    Not to get all weepy but I agree with everything Barry said. The people at work all make fun of me for being in a Star Wars club but they can go and rim. I love being in this group because I can make a joke about my VW bus making the Kessell run in less than 12 parsecs and you all will get it. Most of my other friends would just look at me like I'm stupid. I've also made a lot of friends and those of you I don't know I will soon. Don't be afraid to say hi even though Zack thinks I'm a celebrity, I'm really nice so you can look at me as your personal John Wayne who will also go on a trail ride with you and help you defend your Alamo.

Also, Britt is cool and Batman could beat Boba Fett.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.