Why I love this forum so much...(an incident happened today somewhere else...)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by wixmmm, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow.

I just got a tip to check out a thread on another board about these guys discussing my movie (in my sig ;)) and WOW... it's insane how immature some people can get.

Here, I don't think anyone even wanted to post a negetive comment without quickly backing it up with something good... I didn't have A SINGLE problem on my thread when it came to how the review was, whether they liked the movie or not.

But here, it's like a little club that sits around and says how people deserve to die for know good reason...

I can't really explain it, but I think I was taking for granted just how civilized everyone here really is, and how understanding we all are as a community.

The funniest thing I have ever read

Cya
    Mike

PS: I just responded to all those threads on THAT forum ;)
  2. Desann2002 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    LOL good, quick, i think i'm gonna have a heart attack...........hahahahaha.

**** (language) damn wix your right, this place is far kinder than those fools..........hahahaha.

edit: what did i say AZEEM that deserved a edit?
  3. JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Master

star 4
    Desann, could you edit your post so that we don't have to scroll right ? :)

EDIT : This other forum is inhabited by jerks. :)
  4. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    [face_laugh] So that's where all of those critics hang out. I have to say though JAKKAL23's post was pretty good. :)
  5. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep... lol, I almost fell for it and forgot to highlight it.

It's good too, because I ended up finding out how I should be SHOT!

I think that's something I should know...

;)

Cya
    Mike

PS: I met up with Vaporous in a chat room and he just said "anything I have to say I said in the forum". The guy can't even talk to me in person! He would prefer to bash when I'm not looking... that's pretty cheap if you ask me... if you're going to bash me, do it to my face-- especially when I asked him for an HONEST opinion!
  6. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    It's all part of making a fanfilm.

In fact I personally don't think you've 'arrived' until you've had at least one death threat... :)
  7. Desann2002 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    cant wait till i release Son Of The Jedi...they'll hang me in the street.
  8. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bastards, all of them.

'I think the director should be shot'

BASTARDS!
  9. Desann2002 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    hey......

"Bastards, all of them.

'I think the director should be shot'

BASTARDS!"

why dont this get an edit...........hello?
  10. WormieSaber Force Ghost

star 5
    One reason why I prefer this message board above all others is that it is mellow, and for the most part, civilized. And I've been on some really horrible message boards in the past.
  11. tumblemoster Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. Take that game pretty seriously, don't they?

I loved the e-mail analizing every tiny error you made. Just classic! I bet this guy is a little fat pudgy kid who wears those big sweat shirts and sits on his butt all day ripping people apart for their lack of knowledge pertaining to a video game.... Sad.

-tm
  12. Desann2002 Jedi Youngling

star 3
  13. Fremen Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Shut up, Fremen." Yah much nicer. :p ;)

;)
    Kyle
  14. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    What a bunch of losers!

In the words of the Outer Limits, ?their ignorance makes me ill and angry.? :mad:

I haven?t had time to see your movie yet but nothing can be as bad as what they are talking about. ;)
  15. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    Holy heck. I'd LOVE to see that guy who said he could do almost everything better actually DO better with what u had and the time u had.

The next is lightly paraphrased. "The Rule of Ameteur Filmmaking is if you can't pull it off, don't do it I'm a stupid moron please kill me for being ignorant and inconsiderate." If you ask me, I'd say Wix DID pull it off, smart@zz.

And why was everyone saying the "Pudgy General"? I thought he was solid but not fat. Also, 14 year olds? Everyone in the movie was like 18.

"More adn more I'm getting the idea that fanfilm means 12 year olds running around shooting paintball guns."

Yup, totally. Every single one of the fanfilms in existence involves 12 year olds, running, and paintball guns. Or maybe its closer to NONE of the fanfilms in existence are 12 year olds running around shooting paintball guns.

We should war with their forum :).

~Neszis~
  16. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] Yes, lets go to WAR

I can gather all my 12 year old friends and we can shoot paintballs at them. :D

Better yet we could use plastic lightsabers. :eek:

But, realistically I was thinking about posting there myself. ;)
  17. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    Fremen... just go to This forum and stay there

:p

Cya
    Mike

Feel better?

EDIT: I did post there, it is on PAGE 2 if you want to see what my response was ;) (there is a drop down box in the upper right that lets you choose what page to go to)
  18. Various Jedi Knight

star 2
    Within all of that was some actual critism for the movie, although they seemed to be mostly repeating what others had said later into the thread.

I liked the comment where the kid said he'd pull a Jay and Silent Bob on you, just for making something he didn't like. I wonder if he was standing in front of you if his words would be so bold. Pretty lame reference anyway. I bet he still laughs when someone quotes Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
  19. Gardulo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I thought it was pretty good.
    One thing though(sp)
    The mirror on the mustang is see through
  20. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    Just so you know, this thread is not to discuss my movie by any means, it is to show how incosiderate and un constructive some people can be on OTHER message boards.

Cya
    Mike
  21. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    wixmmm I read your responses and they were very articulately communicated. I think you showed them who the mature one is. ;)
    Btw I noticed none of the fools have posted sense your comments so far. :eek:
    Now get back to work on your Star Wars film! :D
  22. ThreeDee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow. That is hilarious and sad at the same time. But in the end, those kinds of people have to live with themselves, so until they scrounge up a bit of maturity and pulls their heads out of their rears, I'd say that's punishment enough.
  23. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    I posted on their forum. Wasnt quite as elegant as yours, Wix, but I posted nonetheless.

~Neszis~
  24. Janz_Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm I feel for you. I was chased out of this forum last year: http://www.xwlegacy.net/

Haven't been back, and darn glad of it too. :)

Chris
    Dibs on the "SHOOT ME! I'm the Director" T-shirt idea. ;) Please do NOT steal this idea! I will be wearing it on my set in a few months. 8)
  25. CoruscantCrisis Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was about to post on there but the server was messed up and wouldn't let me sign up, but anyway, I really thought the comment about pulling a Jay and Silent Bob made NO sense. In Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Jay and Silent Bob go and beat up some kids who made fun of them on internet forums(much like the people on the MGS forum), not kids who made a fanfilm they didn't like.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.