main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why I shall be spoiled...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Aug 2, 2013.

1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    There are no other movies, tv shows, or pieces of literature that I like to have spoiled for me before they come out.... But Star Wars is somehow different. I believe the mythological aspect has something to do with it.... Star Wars has shaped and is close to my worldview. The film itself is almost secondary to the expansion of the mythos.

Star Wars Movies, for me anyways, take a couple of viewing to sit right with me.... this is not because I don't enjoy that first viewing, it is just that SW is so intregal to my being, that they have always seemed to be there.

I also enjoy the reverse archaeology of trying to uncover the future (through spoilers) rather than the past of this myth. I will be here with you guys through episode IX and beyond.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Is there a mid-spoiler level? cuz I wouldn't mind general plot descriptions and characters but, like, "Luke's head explodes 30 minutes in!" would kinda suck.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I like spoilers because I fear being disappointed. I also like to see other peoples reactions to them. I admit...I do let other peoples opinions influence mine too much and it has hurt my movie going experiences sometimes. Sometimes I wonder if I will enjoy movies more if I dont read spoilers but hey......whats the fun in that? ;)

4. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    All the nonsense floating around in my head is entertaining but seeing other peoples nonsense is just irresistible. Plus gives you time to digest the atmosphere, so when you do finally see the finished project you can better take in the narrative instead of just slack jawed wtf-this-is-awesomeness.[face_hypnotized]

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I like being spoiled because the SA forums here on the JC are always a blast (some of my favorite memories stem from my days in the 2SA/3SA), filled with great speculation & crazy things. I wouldn't want to miss that.

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Hell, I did it for the prequels, going without spoilers for me would be like trying to write with my non-dominant hand.

7. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I had my own idea of what may or may not be in the prequels, so I didn't really check spoilers. However, my love for Star Wars, has grown exponentially since that time, and I think I'll embrace the spoilers this time around.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    On the one hand, I want to be surprised when I see it.
    On the other hand, the sheer unrelenting, mindboggling lunacy of the 2SA and 3SA forums were way too much fun back in the day. I really think I can't miss out on that.
    I'll draw the line at things like reading the script or the comic adaptation before I see the movie, though.

Other than that, I'll be swinging this way and that, depending on the mood.

10. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I'm definitely going to try and steer clear of the hardcore stuff, like serious plot spoilers.

This is kind of the first time that there's a completely blank slate. After TPM came out, we knew roughly what had to happen in the next few movies.

Dak Oolron and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  11. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I will be unspoiled but since no one will really know anything for at least 6-9 months, I'll still be coming here.

Lazy Storm Trooper, jaqen and Lee_ like this.
  12. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Yep. I went completely spoiler-free for Indy 4 and regretted it. It's not that I hated the movie, but after watching it, I felt like the effort I put in to avoid spoilers wasn't worth it. Overall, if a movie's good, it's good, no matter how much you know about it beforehand. Therefore, I'll probably stick around this forum for the time being. There won't even be spoilers for at least another 6 to 8 months anyway.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That's a lot of eye drops.

jedinightwing and cdgodin like this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's going to be a long decade.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I wonder how different the Lakers & Sixers will look in by the time the ST is finished.

:p

yggdrasil311 and jedinightwing like this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Approximated Visual of both franchises:
    [​IMG]

yggdrasil311 and Darth Tunes like this.
  17. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    May want to bust out the magic 8 ball for that.

18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I want to know general plot thingies. Not major I AM YOUR FATHER plot twist spoilerific stuff. So come 2015 I won't be hanging around here much. :p

themetresgained likes this.
  19. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    For me, I can't think of any other franchise where I can be spoiled off my arse and still see the movie with as much excitement as this one.

plaidphoenix and Grievousdude like this.
  20. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I pretty much knew the basic plot and some characters going into all of the films. The experience of living through the speculation and spoiler times is a part of the experience for me.

21. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Spoilers, love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

22. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    That too.

23. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Spoilers never ruin a damn thing for me.

I had Snape kills Dumbledore spoiled for me minutes before I got my hands on HP6. Knowing that only motivated me to learn HOW Snape kills Dumbledore. Same basic principal applies to anything and everything.

24. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    This will be my first time on the Boards during any SW film release. Although, I scoured the internet for spoilers in 98' and 99'. After TPM, I looked forward to the films, but didn't care enough to look for spoilers.

Grievousdude likes this.
  25. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    Welcome aboard m'hearty!

DarthSyverus and WatTamborWoo like this.